Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Says Garcia Has Agreed To Fight Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthyse only said "They told me it was going to happen this year". He probably meant Golden Boy told him so that doesn't mean Garcia's team has agreed.

Comment

When during the interview did he say Garcia " has agreed"?

He didn't I don't believe unless I'm mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Matthyse only said "They told me it was going to happen this year". He probably meant Golden Boy told him so that doesn't mean Garcia's team has agreed.
        Exactly.

There's no way in hell Garcia pulled out of the Judah fight to sign his own death warrant against Matthysse prematurely.

If he's pulling out it has to be due to an injury, poor conditioning, bad training camp, family illness, or something of similar magnitude that would effect his ability to be 100% on February 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          it's not a "ballsy move"

he's fighting his mandatory ffs, it's not like he's going up in weight to fight a welterweight champ, that would classify as a "ballsy move" and him and pops are so arrogant they probably think he can easily beat matthyse

stop giving "props" for fighting a mandatory, he has to do it or else be a laughing stock.

Matthyse by brutal ko
          He doesn't have to take this fight and potentially ruin his stock.

He could make a lot more money a lot more safely by continuing to avoid Matthyse in favour of Zab. Bigger money fights.

But if he has pulled out of that fight in favour of Matthyse, hell yes that is a ballsy move.

This could destroy all the hype he got out of beating Khan and Morales in a single round. Make no mistake, he would probably benefit from avoiding this fight.

That's how it works nowadays.

Comment

Horrible translator. Sensationalizing every response.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              He doesn't have to take this fight and potentially ruin his stock.

He could make a lot more money a lot more safely by continuing to avoid Matthyse in favour of Zab. Bigger money fights.

But if he has pulled out of that fight in favour of Matthyse, hell yes that is a ballsy move.

This could destroy all the hype he got out of beating Khan and Morales in a single round. Make no mistake, he would probably benefit from avoiding this fight.

That's how it works nowadays.
              Sadly yes, that is how it works but it doesn't make it right.

He should fight his mandatory, the best i can do is give him "credit" for not being a ducker, but that just seems off to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Sadly yes, that is how it works but it doesn't make it right.

He should fight his mandatory, the best i can do is give him "credit" for not being a ducker, but that just seems off to me.
                I see what you're saying, but the trend has been set for fighters to take low risk high reward fights and Garcia has plenty of those available.

Maybe he's just been taunted into action? I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                  Horrible translator. Sensationalizing every response.
                  thats what i was thinking bro, he put so many words in lucas mouth.

Comment

Mathysse did even got hit in the Dallas fight so they might make the fight quick, maybe in April, I hope. It could be the reason for the sudden withdraw from jugah fight.

Comment

No one in that video said the fight was happening. All I heard is it might happen this year. If it is happening sooner rather than later, than I'm happy Garcia pulled out against Judah the coward. Get Garcia/Matthyse in the ring asap.

Comment

Working...
                      X