This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    It's a terrible rule that needs to be changed. I just don't understand why refs can't use their own common sense to deem what challenge is dangerous and which one isn't.
    From the angle the referee was at it probably looked like a dangerous challenge. Kompany's red card should be rescinded but I don't think that the ref was wrong to award it given what he saw.

Comment

• Great challenge from Kompany IMO.

The refs do have a tough job and I suppose if they don't enforce the rules set to them then they suffer at the end of the day.

That said there are plenty of occasions when the refs don't follow the rules they're meant to and it ends up in just as much controversy.

The standard of officiating, as well as the rules, need to changed/looked at. It's getting worse each season.

Comment

• Still don't think you can criticise Dean for his performance.

Comment

• The first sending off was a red for sure...dunno why he bothered putting his arms around him

Felt sorry for Kompany...defenders cant defend anymore

Yes bad challenges happen..but this is football...High foots all the time now...'dangerous challenges' bla bla

Also weren't they planning on changing the rules regarding..if a penalty is awarded...a yellow is only given...

As a red and penalty is almost a double punishment...if its outside the box a red and free kick is right

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              From the angle the referee was at it probably looked like a dangerous challenge. Kompany's red card should be rescinded but I don't think that the ref was wrong to award it given what he saw.
              ^ this, when they showed the replay from behind Wilshire it looks much worse. Then put it into full speed and I think it was a perfectly reasonable decision for the ref to make, even if other angles show it wasnt as bad. The ref doesn't have slow mo and multiple angles to help him out.

I highly doubt they will overturn the decision, things like this are normally left up to the referees discretion, and they hate undermining the refs authority.

Shame for Kompany and City though... looks like they will have to play Lescott for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                ^ this, when they showed the replay from behind Wilshire it looks much worse. Then put it into full speed and I think it was a perfectly reasonable decision for the ref to make, even if other angles show it wasnt as bad. The ref doesn't have slow mo and multiple angles to help him out.

I highly doubt they will overturn the decision, things like this are normally left up to the referees discretion, and they hate undermining the refs authority.

Shame for Kompany and City though... looks like they will have to play Lescott for a while
                well that was completely wrong. I really should leave more wiggle room with opinions sometimes. Still stand by the rest though...

Comment

• Not good at all reading about Michael Johnson being released by City today. I remember when Liverpool were being linked with him for £10m, he looked a great player in the making. Seeing that picture of him now was a big shock.

I wouldn't write him off just yet though. He's still only 24 and if he can get over his injury problems(or has he already?) and if he see's the reaction about the news of him getting released, it might just be the kick up the ass he needs to get himself back into shape and back out onto the football pitch.

Maybe joining his boyhood team Leeds could inspire him to getting his **** together. He's still young enough to make a decent career for himself and he most certainly has the talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Not good at all reading about Michael Johnson being released by City today. I remember when Liverpool were being linked with him for £10m, he looked a great player in the making. Seeing that picture of him now was a big shock.

I wouldn't write him off just yet though. He's still only 24 and if he can get over his injury problems(or has he already?) and if he see's the reaction about the news of him getting released, it might just be the kick up the ass he needs to get himself back into shape and back out onto the football pitch.

Maybe joining his boyhood team Leeds could inspire him to getting his **** together. He's still young enough to make a decent career for himself and he most certainly has the talent.
                    Don't think he looks THAT bad.

And nobody can blame him for sitting on his arse and picking up £40,000 a week. He signed a contract and he probably knows that he's knackered.

The world's his oyster now if he has a bit of sense. He's still only 24-years-old with some serious dough in the bank. Footie probably isn't in his future.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Interesting that Kompany's red was overturned.

Let's see how consistent the F.A are now.

Comment

Working...
                      X