Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still want to see Dirrell vs Ward...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still want to see Dirrell vs Ward...

What's the deal with Dirrell?

I know he had signed with 50 Cent, or TMT, at one point....

Has his lay-off been attributed to promotional issues?

I think that would be a good fight for Ward once he's back from surgery....

Both may want a tune up beforehand, but I would like to see this match...

Hopefully it hasn't lost all of it's luster....

Dirrell has been so inactive for so long it makes me wonder if he's lost the fight in him or if he's waiting for the other guys to beat each other up and get old before he returns?
    I think Ward dispatches Dirrell even with one arm

Comment

Ward has just gone through surgery so it would be surprising if Ward takes on a really good fighter any time before 2014.

Comment

Won't be happening any time soon.

It's a shame too. This fight should have happened in the Super Six.

I'm still hoping Dirrell can find it in him to get his career back on track cause I still think the dude is crazy talented.

Comment

he was "sort of" scheduled to fight rowland bryant january 19th...probably on the untelevised portion of the garcia-salido fight but nothing has been officially confirmed by 50

Comment

I would rather see Anthony......

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              I would rather see Anthony......
              Though I want to see Dirrell/Ward, Anthony would rep the fam a little better. I like Dirrell's skills but he is a cry baby. I think it would be easy for SOG to break his spirit by the 5th or 6th round. I would give him the benefit of the doubt until I watched his interview after losing to GGG in the Olympics. This dude is cool with underachieving. When he knew he was losing he didnt even try to step on the gas. So this didnt just start. He doesn't love it. He just happens to have the skills to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Though I want to see Dirrell/Ward, Anthony would rep the fam a little better. I like Dirrell's skills but he is a cry baby. I think it would be easy for SOG to break his spirit by the 5th or 6th round. I would give him the benefit of the doubt until I watched his interview after losing to GGG in the Olympics. This dude is cool with underachieving. When he knew he was losing he didnt even try to step on the gas. So this didnt just start. He doesn't love it. He just happens to have the skills to do it.
                I think those are great points, he kinda wants it but in truth his heart's not really in it.

Comment

Dirrell has all the talent in the world. But he lacks the mental toughness.

Frankly I'm tired of talking about him and won't anymore. Not until he starts fighting regularly and working his way up the rankings.

Comment

I'd rather see Anthony Dirrel vs Ward tbh.

Comment

Working...
                    X