Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, De La Hoya Discuss Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow reading thru this thread and I can't believe people are calling Guerrero another Margarito. Makes me wonder how long they been watching boxing or seen Guerrero fight. I suggest you go back and watch tape on this guy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Wow reading thru this thread and I can't believe people are calling Guerrero another Margarito. Makes me wonder how long they been watching boxing or seen Guerrero fight. I suggest you go back and watch tape on this guy.

This.

I just posted something similar in another thread. Hes not a god inside fighter at all. The "inside" fighting he did was amatuer hour and it only worked because Berto is an idiot.

RG doesnt fight like that and if he uses that style against fighters that actually KNOW how to fight on the inside then hes toast. Mayweather and Bradley instantly come to mind. They'd destroy him on the inside. And if it turns into a boxing they still have the advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Wow reading thru this thread and I can't believe people are calling Guerrero another Margarito. Makes me wonder how long they been watching boxing or seen Guerrero fight. I suggest you go back and watch tape on this guy.

Been following his career for a long time and i am tripping out reading sht like he is a bad defensive fighter and such the dudes nicknamed the ghost cause he dodges punches well in this last fight he was sending a message he was taking some punishment to gain noterity.

Comment

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
          Another pointless fight for Floyd. But Schaefer knows the formula, get a guy who's tough, crude, not ready...in Guerrero's case, a poor man's Margarito, and voila you have an opponent for Floyd. If it's not Pac or Martinez, then it's pointless.
          Now i know why you are red cause you dont know sht about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
            Another pointless fight for Floyd. But Schaefer knows the formula, get a guy who's tough, crude, not ready...in Guerrero's case, a poor man's Margarito, and voila you have an opponent for Floyd. If it's not Pac or Martinez, then it's pointless.

Seriously? Guerrero a poor man's Margarito?

Guerrero fights nothing like Margarito. Even against Berto, where he simply took the blue print from Ortiz, and Collazo on how to beat Berto, he was a much better technician than Margarito. He placed his punches very well on the inside, and continuously popped Berto off with quick, accurate combinations.

But the only reason we saw Guerrero utilize the style he did against Berto, is because that is how you beat berto. . He probably oculd have outboxed him off the back foot, adn from mid-range, but why risk getting caught by Berto like Ortiz did a couple times? Berto is helpless, and infantile on the inside. . You take away his speed, and greatly inhibit his power. . . And like an intelligent boxer would, he studied tape, and understood this. Brought a gameplan, applied it, stuck with it, and beat Berto down. .

Comment

• Blah Blah blah... Floyd aint fighting RG! RG doesnt bring any $ to the table... He's boring, and there is NOTHING special about him or what he does in the ring. If it dont make Dollars then it dont make Sense(For Floyd). Even if it does happen, remember the last SouthPaw that Beat Berto? remember how Floyd Dusted him in 4 rounds? It may go longer than 4 but the result would be the same. RG is to SLOW and to Basic. It would be School K thru 12 for an easy UD. RG, go fight Bradley or Devon Alexander or sombody thats more on your level.

Comment

• Originally posted by HazeAnatomy View Post
                Blah Blah blah... Floyd aint fighting RG! RG doesnt bring any $ to the table... He's boring, and there is NOTHING special about him or what he does in the ring. If it dont make Dollars then it dont make Sense(For Floyd). Even if it does happen, remember the last SouthPaw that Beat Berto? remember how Floyd Dusted him in 4 rounds? It may go longer than 4 but the result would be the same. RG is to SLOW and to Basic. It would be School K thru 12 for an easy UD. RG, go fight Bradley or Devon Alexander or sombody thats more on your level.
                But who else is out there for Floyd? I don't think Guerrero has much of a chance against Floyd either, but he's certainly earned his right to be in the mix. . .

Obviously Floyd won't fight Pacquiao. . . I don't think Floyd should have to fight Martinez, but I'd love to see it at 154. . .

Canelo definitely brings the most moeny to the table. That fight could easily do 1.6-.1.8 million buy. . . Canelo probably will have another 1-2 fights. Golden Boy really wants to wait for the right time, and give Canelo the best chance possible of beating Floyd.

But serously, after Canelo, and Martinez, who is there? Pac aint happening. . . Cotto rematch? Please god no. . . Bradley? He's with Top Rank. . . Alexander? Already been beat by Matthysse, Kotelnik, and Bradley. .

Gamboa, and Broner once they establish themselves at 140 pounds. . . But that's 1-2 years minimum.

GUerrero is Mexican-American, and a fight on Cinco De Mayo easily does at least a million buys.

Comment

• guerrero is the goat.. he beat berto.. we all know berto is the blackest beast.. this is a duck if mayweather doesnt fight him... the ghost is so exciting i wet my pants

Comment

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                    LOL at people calling him Margarito.
                    He's the southpaw version of Margarito with a bit more boxing skills. Margarito wasn't a bad boxer when he was younger either. He just fell in love with the plaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      He's the southpaw version of Margarito with a bit more boxing skills. Margarito wasn't a bad boxer when he was younger either. He just fell in love with the plaster.
                      lol wut?

cause guerrero fights ruggedly on the inside one time he's simila to margarito? look, he just took the blueprint from ortiz, and collazo on how to take it to berto. . . berto is helpless on the inside. you take away his explosiveness, speed, and greatly inhibit his power.

guerrero is an outside boxer/puncher first. . . he'll always prefer to use his southpaw jab from distance. . .

berto fight simply showed he is NOT one dimensional, and can utilize other styles, and stick to a gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                      X