No announcement yet.

Golden Boy/Top Rank to go head to head, Jan. 19th in NYC on Showtime/HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    GGG will most likely be on the Top Rank event so I would probably tune in into that fight unless it's happening at the same time as the Quillin fight.
    I saw Mikey last year in the garden... but I'll take GGG over him

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I saw Mikey last year in the garden... but I'll take GGG over him
      Mikey and GGG are gonna be on the same card/event dawg!
      Kazakhstan-born WBA middleweight titleholder counterpart Gennady Golovkin will make a defense of his belt against an opponent to be determined on Jan. 19 at New York's Madison Square Garden in an event to be co-promoted with Golovkin's K2 Promotions, according to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum.

The other bout targets unbeaten featherweight contender Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia (29-0, 25 knockouts), of Oxnard, Calif., opposite Mexican WBO beltholder Orlando Salido (39-11-2, 27 KOs), said Arum, who promotes Garcia.
      But if GGG vs TBA are on at the same time as Quillin vs TBA Ill be watching Quillin instead on my river.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        don't know what everybody is complaining about, this is what DVR is for
        What if you wanna attend both events?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          why go head to head though when there are multiple free weekends of boxing programming? At the same time though the amount of quality televised Boxing is at an all-time high there are good fights and sometimes more than one every weekend.
          GBP flexing their muscles. In the mean time this Jan weekend im gonna have a BBQ, 24 pack of beer and enjoy a long night of boxing

Comment

Mikey and GGG are gonna be on the same card/event dawg!

But if GGG vs TBA are on at the same time as Quillin vs TBA Ill be watching Quillin instead on my river.
            They are? I thought they were trying to put him in Barclay's and GGG at the Garden?
            Womp, I was misinformed.... gonna be a good night then.

Comment

Showtime will have 3-4 fights but the HBO card will only likely have 2 bouts which is a shame.

Comment

They are? I thought they were trying to put him in Barclay's and GGG at the Garden?
                Womp, I was misinformed.... gonna be a good night then.
                No dude! Barclays belongs to GBP that night.

Comment

No dude! Barclays belongs to GBP that night.
                  Well nothing is set in stone for GGG yet, so Barclays looking like the way for me.

Comment

Well nothing is set in stone for GGG yet, so Barclays looking like the way for me.
                    Ill pass... Garcia vs Judah... And Quillin might have a soft touch since he showed his inexperience last time. Ill have HBO on my TV and Showtime on my river.

Btw IMO Salido-Garcia is better than Garcia-Judah.

Comment

damn this gonna be a stacked night! they should really move the date for one tho lol Im watching Swift!

Comment

Working...
                      X