No announcement yet.

Democratic Convention/Obama's speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democratic Convention/Obama's speech

Just finished listening to Obama's speech. It reminds me of why he got elected 4 years ago. He really can speak well and I'm someone who think he failed as President but I can't help but admire him when he speaks.

The problem is that he sold it well 4 years ago and for the most part we can see it was just talk. In the words of George W Bush..."Fool me once, shame on...err... shame on you. Fool me...err...you can't get fooled again."

So now we hear him 4 years later with broken promises selling hope and dreams...and it still sparkles when he speaks...but we have seen what happens after and that there is a difference between winning speeches and actions.

Last night I listen to Bill Clinton speak. He's incredible...you have to admire him...he always wins you over and he has to have helped Obama.

So the question is for those who have been watching...was this enough to tilt the scale?

I also watch the Republican Convention and though they did a pretty good sales job also. The polls have it very close. Who do you think did a more convincing job...who will it be and did any of this change anything for you?

It did alot for me. Pulled at my heartstrings, reminded me what he's actually accomplished and honestly.....made me hopeful again. He's very very good. Now we will see if the polls reflect how good a convention this was for the Dems.

The Dem convention FAR surpassed the Republican one for the fact that...Michelle Obama....Bill Clinton...Barack Obama...**** even Deval Patrick. No Republican (the closest was Marco Rubio) had a speech better than those 3 people.

Also this election was decided....probably after the auto industry recovered. Ohio is near full employment. Virginia is on a full uptick. Florida's unemployment rate has gone down as well. Obama wins Ohio, Virginia, or Florida...he wins the election.
    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 09-06-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

He did what a cleanup man in baseball does. Knock it out of the park. Overall the last few days for the dems have been great. Obama and his demeanor today, compared to 4 years ago, is a great sight for those citizens who aren't sure who they're voting for.

Comment

I didn't even hear it... but I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as Marco Rubio. I might vote for Romney based on that speech alone

Comment

Clinton did a great job, that was the highlight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Just finished listening to Obama's speech. It reminds me of why he got elected 4 years ago. He really can speak well and I'm someone who think he failed as President but I can't help but admire him when he speaks.

The problem is that he sold it well 4 years ago and for the most part we can see it was just talk. In the words of George W Bush..."Fool me once, shame on...err... shame on you. Fool me...err...you can't get fooled again."

So now we hear him 4 years later with broken promises selling hope and dreams...and it still sparkles when he speaks...but we have seen what happens after and that there is a difference between winning speeches and actions.

Last night I listen to Bill Clinton speak. He's incredible...you have to admire him...he always wins you over and he has to have helped Obama.

So the question is for those who have been watching...was this enough to tilt the scale?

I also watch the Republican Convention and though they did a pretty good sales job also. The polls have it very close. Who do you think did a more convincing job...who will it be and did any of this change anything for you?
            He has great speech writers, that is for sure!

If I was an alien, and had to choose the leader of earth strictly of their convention speeches, I would pick Obama, but the problem is he has to contend with facts.

He states, "I never claimed this will be easy, but our problems can be solved". Its obviously going to be spliced in with the clip of him saying this.

Listen, I don't hate the guy. I'm personally a libertarian. It sickened me how many times they mentioned god this and god that at the republican convention, and it disturbs me that Mitt Romney is actually a faithful mormon.

With that said, Obama is running on rhetoric.

He spent a good portion of his speech telling how he was going to restore the manufacturing base and make America competitive again, which sounds great, it really does, but its not realistic.

I mean I am currently developing a product to bring to market, and I've looked at American suppliers. They are outlandishly expensive compared to the Chinese. I can literally get something made in China made for 50 cents, and an American manufacturer would be charging $10-15 for the same amount of work.

For Obama to even hint that he is going to restore competition is outlandishly obscene in its untruthfulness; unless he plans to implement extreme tariffs on foreign goods, which I am not opposed too.

He also had a large portion talking about how fiscally responsible he is. Which is frankly dishonest given his record thus far.

He made it all sound good, which is why he got elected. ****, he is almost making me want to vote for him listening to his speech, but knowning the facts... I don't think its gonna work.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              I didn't even hear it... but I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as Marco Rubio. I might vote for Romney based on that speech alone
              Rubio killed it, but the Republican convention was geared more towards making Mitt Romney look human. The DNC is hardcore campaigning for Obama.

Comment

Clinton did a great job, Pres. Obama held hos own and the jobs numbers and the next debate will be huge in deciding who will be leading the polls in the next few months. I think the difference in this election will be the states that were helped with the auto bailout.

He needs 270 electoral votes to win I think he gets 280-290 Romney needs to win Florida to make it a close race.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Rubio killed it, but the Republican convention was geared more towards making Mitt Romney look human. The DNC is hardcore campaigning for Obama.
                  They FAILED!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    It did alot for me. Pulled at my heartstrings, reminded me what he's actually accomplished and honestly.....made me hopeful again. He's very very good. Now we will see if the polls reflect how good a convention this was for the Dems.

The Dem convention FAR surpassed the Republican one for the fact that...Michelle Obama....Bill Clinton...Barack Obama...**** even Deval Patrick. No Republican (the closest was Marco Rubio) had a speech better than those 3 people.

Also this election was decided....probably after the auto industry recovered. Ohio is near full employment. Virginia is on a full uptick. Florida's unemployment rate has gone down as well. Obama wins Ohio, Virginia, or Florida...he wins the election.
                    Chris Christie had a pretty awesome speech as well. I honestly wish he was running against Obama.

Comment

Working...
                    X