No announcement yet.

Khans new conditioner "I dont believe in roadwork"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Squats and deadlifts are just as good cardio as running imho. Personally i also favour skipping over running. It's harder, and instead of running at a single pace you can alternate. You can skip regularly from side to side, then do high knees, then crossovers etc etc, all the time changing intensity.

For the gym junkies, try and do this and tell me it's not a better cardio workout than running:

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/hi...t.php#slidetop

^^^^

This will smash your legs. I'd be impressed if anyone could do all 3 sets properly and for the allocated time.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I think road work is about more than just building stamina and losing fat. It has to do with toughening your body for long grueling fights. I agree with sprints or other hiit also being essential. You have too mix it up.

This is sort of the way I feel. I'm a cyclist and IMO, the best way to make my body tougher (even if it's just to benefit sprints/time trials etc) is to stay on the bike for a long time. I just get accustomed to using my legs non-stop for hours. I get accustomed to the pain and so little sprints and things can't bother me.

But to be honest my main problem with this new conditioning coach is his pseudo-scientific view of nutrition. He's very much a new-wave nutritionist and speaks loads of **** about the subject, and of course he impresses people who don't know anything about it because he sounds ahead of the curve.

Comment

• In theory, you don't really need roadwork. Controversial, yes but he isn't training to be a better runner after all.

More rounds, higher intensity, some strength training. Something that gets the heart rate up would be fine. In theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by vcvc View Post
          says putting anything in the microwave would make your food toxic and decrease energy levels better to cook it on stove.....
          Khan's new conditioning coach is talking out of his ass then, if anything what's in the food being warmed up is what will make it toxic not microwave energy waves.

Idiot really needs to learn some science.

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            Khan's new conditioning coach is talking out of his ass then, if anything what's in the food being warmed up is what will make it toxic not microwave energy waves.

Idiot really needs to learn some science.
            He's also into "detoxing". Give me a break.

Comment

• Old school roadwork doesn't really help stamina alone. Interval training and doing sprints is way better. Hopkins used roadwork to keep his weight down. When preparing to move to light heavy he cut down massively on the road work. I kind of agree with the conditioning coach. Bursts of high-intensity work interspersed with periods of low-intensity work is the way to go.

You can't blame Khan's stamina on his coach alone. There are many factors to consider here.

However, "detox" is BS.

Comment

• We shall see

Comment

Working...
                X