Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson is not that great. His opponents are just ******ed (SRS thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Anderson is not that great. His opponents are just ******ed (SRS thread)

Not trolling here. Anderson is a good fighter, very skilled.

But his greatness is more credit to his opponents fighting like idiots and sensationalist marketing getting to their heads, that Anderson being an unbeatable demi-god.

Okami is a very strong wrestler with good top control and ground and pound. He most definitely did stand a chance......IF he fought like he was supposed to. But for some odd reason, he stood at the end of Silva's fists and got lit up.

I knew about 20-30 seconds into the fight that it wasn't going to end well for Okami.

I just don't understand how fighters can be so stupid. They know that Anderson is a counter puncher and the best way to beat a guy like that is to crank up the pace and put pressure on him.

Say whatever you want about Chael but he knew what he was doing. The only guy who's had any success over the last 5 or 6 years against Anderson and that's because he got in Silva's face, punched him, drug his ass to the ground and beat the hell out of him.

I'm not taking away from Silva's wins. Win is a Win and he's beaten some pretty good fighters, but he is not as good as you think he is.
    Last edited by Jack3d; 08-27-2011, 11:53 PM.

Too bad for your GSP nuthugging ass that a large part of the fight game is mental. Anderson mind ****s his opponents? Credits to HIM. You don't see people discrediting Ali for ruining his opponents mentally and then dominating them? If it was that easy, everybody would be matrixing their opponents and break every record in the UFC and make millions.

Also, you are not a fighter, and stop acting like you can do better than Silva's opponents. All of your nonsense right there is easier said than done. Yeah lets just rush Anderson Silva, lets just grapple-**** him easily. Lets not keep in mind that in a split second you can caught with a strike that knocks you out.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
      Too bad for your GSP nuthugging ass that a large part of the fight game is mental. Anderson mind ****s his opponents? Credits to HIM. You don't see people discrediting Ali for ruining his opponents mentally and then dominating them? If it was that easy, everybody would be matrixing their opponents and break every record in the UFC and make millions.
      No, it's credit to the UFC who markets him as such a fighter that has no weaknesses and cannot be beaten and his opponents buy into it. But I guess you must need glasses since you didn't see that already in my original post.

Anderson barely talks any trash, unlike the Louisville Lip who not only couldn't keep his mouth shut but was also racist.

Also, you are not a fighter, and stop acting like you can do better than Silva's opponents. All of your nonsense right there is easier said than done. Yeah lets just rush Anderson Silva, lets just grapple-**** him easily. Lets not keep in mind that in a split second you can caught with a strike that knocks you out.
      I never said I was a fighter or that I could do better. But a fighter like Okami who is a grappler, standing at range and trying to stand with Silva is a dumb idea, and it doesn't take an expert to realize that.

BTW I'm not a GSP nuthugger or even really a GSP fan.

Comment

Anderson Silva have a 80 % TDD even after the Chael fight. Chael only got 3 TDs out of 7 attempts. Anderson was genuinely injured coming into that fight with cracked ribs. You could even see it when he made a head bow instead of his usual full bow he does before every fight cuz his ribs were ****ed. Also he didn't sit down once in between rounds due to his ribs being ****ed up. I mean you could clearly see Anderson wasn't the same even in the stand up department. So how come Anderson silvas reflexes were magically shot for one night? or that he was so slow. Also lets not forget Chael was roided and had something like 5 times the t/e ratio or somthing crazy like that. LoL at the mma noobs that thinks Anderson sucks because of the Chael fight. Yushin tried to take Anderson down for 2 minutes and couldn't do it. You honestly believe he could Chael sonnen anderson? jesus then you must be a mma noob

Comment

LOL you're a joke dude. So now you say they're only scared because of the "UFC hype machine"? You really think an Okami or Maia is standing there petrified thinking "damn, I saw UFC all access last night and he is scary. I better not try anything now!"

No, it's the risk of getting whooped. You're just grasping for straws man.

And you're wrong about Okami too. He tried to wall and stall, didn't work. He tried to take Silva down repeatedly, didn't work either. Then he started to feel Silva's power and got kicked in the head. After that, he was ****ed. He did follow your EXPERT advice on how to fight Silva. It's just that he failed to execute his gameplan. If you keep getting jabbed and kicked in the head and you go down, how eager will a guy be to try to outgrapple the other? This isn't a regular fighter. Silva can stop you from all angles, with any type of strike, even on the ground. You think it's all so easy.

Comment

you don't think his opponents know what it takes to beat him? that's why Sonnen helped train Okami. it's a completely different story when the bell rings.

I honestly don't know what Silva would have to do to impress you. Who in MMA do you actually think is great?

Comment

chael was roided up against an injured spider... thats how Chael looked impressive

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkingMan View Post
                I honestly don't know what Silva would have to do to impress you. Who in MMA do you actually think is great?
                His hero, God and savior is GSP. That counts for most of Anderson's haters.

Comment

And people actually believe the cracked ribs bit, if he had those cracked ribs he would not have done the things he did in that fight, jumping then kicking Sonnen, the submission attempts before the final one that caught him. Please, thats just an excuse, Hendo dominated the first round in their fight the same way, wrestling and ground control.

And yeah, Okami fought scared, it aint Silva's fault, why Okami traded blows with Silva or tried to, is beyond me, should've tried for a takedown and not the greco-roman attempt that got him a couple of knees to the body.

Comment

I don't know if you're trolling AS fans are just this dumb.

Either way though Sonnen will probably get a rematch soon and lose in more convincing fashion this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X