the best of the decade from yahoo sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best of the decade from yahoo sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

the decades best:1. Mayweather; 2. Heavyweight Lennox Lewis; 3. Middleweight Bernard Hopkins; 4. Manny Pacquiao; 5. Super welterweight Winky Wright; 6. Marco Antonio Barrera; 7. Erik Morales; 8. Shane Mosley; 9. Joe Calzaghe; 10. Miguel Cotto

I dont know about my rankings, but I'd definitely have Morales, Barrera, and Calzaghe all ahead of Winky. Cotto shouldnt be in the top 10 over a guy like Castillo or even JMM. Lewis would be way lower than 2nd too.

Comment

i cant really argue with those rankings...pretty good rankings overall...maybe some things i'd change but it looks pretty good.

Comment

Here we go... just for you Deliveryman.

Comment

1999 to 2009
          Cotto should not be over Roy Jones who is not even on the list.

How is Roy Jones not even on the list???
          even if mayweather is #1, this list is bad because roy jones is not on the list.

Comment

I think they dont have jones on there because of the knockouts he took

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
              I think they dont have jones on there because of the knockouts he took
              Still///there is no excuse for roy jones not being on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                Still///there is no excuse for roy jones not being on that list.
                100% true.

Seriously, wins over Hopkins, Toney and Ruiz are enough to put him over the likes of Miguel Cotto.

He beat a ton of past, current or future champions and a bunch of undefeated fighters.

Jones's career is wildly underrated because he fought people like Richard Frazier (18-3 NYC cop).

Comment

^^ it said decade which mean the last 10 years..not his whole career

Comment

Cotto is overrated...

Comment

Working...
                    X