Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      He's boring. Even when he had the backing of RN (when they started off with Cotto and Ward in their stable), he still put garbage fights on HBO. He was on Cotto-Alvarez undercard and was boring. On Ward-Kovalev and hit the guy after the bell. So even if Bob Arum was trying to bring down his reputation, he didn't deliver at all despite having future opportunities. The broadcast team (Max Kellerman is the biggest Rigo nuthugger I've seen) isn't making him fight a boring way. HBO is not the reason the crowd boo him when he's in the ring.

He can go to Al Haymon, who will pay fighters millions while ST loses money and he will still be boring. He's a very skilled fighter but promoters and networks aren't paying for skill if you can't generate money.
      Stop spewing that nonsense, he was never boring until the second round & on of this fight....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yeah some people would still be in denial, that’s boxing for you. Fact is if Nomas was missing all his punches then Rigo wouldn’t quit. Rigo would punch back, and Rigo also fought dirty, this isn’t a tickling contest lol

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          loma schooled him.
          A fighter not putting in any effort & still making him miss a lot of shots doesn't count as schooling.

Mayweather/Gatti (R.I.P.) is a schooling.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            A fighter not putting in any effort & still making him miss a lot of shots doesn't count as schooling.

Mayweather/Gatti (R.I.P.) is a schooling.

you should just quit like Rigo

Comment

but they iced it doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Yep, Duran did a No mas and people still talk about it today.

Not when you are getting your a*s kicked lol.
                I think Rigo just fades into bolivian. Least Duran got the Davey Moore win and most of his rep back.

Comment

Severe contusion is still a scary sounding synonym for "bruise".

arthur abraham won with his jaw hanging freely from his face & david haye tried to go rounds vs bellew with a blown out achilles tendon, that kind of stuff is part of boxing

G "die in the ring tonight" Rigondeaux quit out of mental frustration then regretted it a moment later and started pointing at his hand. Simple. They should drop it before it becomes a meme and overshadows his entire career.
                  Last edited by ////; 12-12-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
                    Why r we so hard on fighters who risk their lives to entertain us, unless you’ve been in a fight and every time u throw a punch it hurts and u think it’s broken u can’t judge him, it is a bad look but u live to fight another day
                    you are right I personally have never called a fighter a coward only pointing out if they made an obvious duck to save their career value instead of losing but its pretty bad what rigo did in a fight where he had a chance to be the possible p4p number 1 in some people eyes

he wasnt badly rocked ect he just couldnt do anything and mentally quit he should have stayed in there and fought till the end at least then he could walk away with his head held high and say loma was the better man and fans would (most of them) say fair play he tried to overcome the weight ect unlucky rigo

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Ok I'm tired of this narrative..what did he do after he left Top Rank? Absolutely nothing. So if someone is the cancer and you remove them what's the excuse? I really wish people actually blamed Caribe for his career pitfalls because even Rocnation had trouble with Caribe. Listen to any promoter that has ever had to work with them, it's the same song. I get it, Arum is the easy target here but that ended a long time ago. He got offered the fight at 126, said no then came back three years later and agreed to 130..so that's his opponents fault? They offered him the same fight when he was three years younger...he said "no thank you." At some point you have to stop blaming everyone else and blame the man himself.
                      Why do you ignore the facts? Rigo beat the next pacquiao, bob ****s on him in the interviews cuz of that fight, the journalist write what bob says, the fans hear it then run with it & the promoters don't want to do business with Rigo cuz they fear a loss. He got offered by bob to fight at a weight he doesn't want remember he wanted 124 not 126 but bob refused & refused to pay him he tries again to meet in the middle bob refused again so he gives everything up & agrees to what bob wants & look where it got him. Just a bit more money that's it. All you are doing is trying to shift the blame when we ALL know what happened. don king I mean bob arum happened....

Comment

Working...
                      X