Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest style for Mayweather-: Canelo, Khan, Garcia, Matthysse, Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was just only about styles.......

Comment

If Khan had LM's power/punch resistance/patience, I would give him the best chance to win. Khan's current style will not be effective because of how offensively predictable he is. I think Alexander has the style that would annoy Floyd the most, but not necessarily get the win because his style leads to close rounds which would undoubtedly go to Floyd. Canelo, Garcia and Matts have similar styles, but Matts has shown that he can pressure and box better than them imho.

1. Matthysse
      2. Alexander
      3. Canelo
      4. Garcia
      5. Khan

Comment

Originally posted by icerob
        I thought this was just only about styles.......
        Still Broner's style doesn't beat Mayweather bud. Very leaky defense and Floyd is too mobile for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Canelo beat Trout and that is something Floyd has only done in fantasy fights. Canelo threw enough combinations to knock Trout down and win the fight. Floyd's defense is far from perfect. Old Mosley hurt him and Cotto and Ortiz but were able to hit him. Trout is a bigger much younger man the Floyd and he moves just as fast. Canelo is better than Cotto or Ortiz and he hits much harder. He is the first real 154 pounder Floyd has ever fought. He is not a slow one handed fighter like Guerrero. He will go after the body. How is he going to hit Mayweather? Watch the fight and we will see who is correct.

Comment

Trout is nowhere near the mover Floyd is and Canelo dropped Trout with one punch not from a combination. I never said Floyd's defense was perfect but much better than Trout's for sure.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Canelo no doubt. Canelo and Alexander can box, but Canelo has two fists, Alexander only has one.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Canelo beat Trout and that is something Floyd has only done in fantasy fights. Canelo threw enough combinations to knock Trout down and win the fight. Floyd's defense is far from perfect. Old Mosley hurt him and Cotto and Ortiz but were able to hit him. Trout is a bigger much younger man the Floyd and he moves just as fast. Canelo is better than Cotto or Ortiz and he hits much harder. He is the first real 154 pounder Floyd has ever fought. He is not a slow one handed fighter like Guerrero. He will go after the body. How is he going to hit Mayweather? Watch the fight and we will see who is correct.
                Past performances mean nothing when you have a new motivation for a difficult opponent. I could say that before Josesito got stopped, he showed how easy Canelo could be hit. That wouldn't get me far in a debate. Floyd always rises to the occassion. He's been doing it forever, Canelo has yet to experience this.

Comment

just talking about styles and nothing else, I'd have to say Khan. Khan will keep throwing punches cause he's too dumb to do anything else. that will bother Cherrypicker.

matthysse got outboxed by lesser boxers. he'll lose easily based just on styles.

counterpunchers have no chance, see the JMM fight... that means Devon, the ginger, and Garcia would get beat. the ginger isn't a traditional Mexican pressure fighter. Garcia isn't a pressure fighter either.

Comment

Don't ever mention Khan and Floyd in the same sentence ever again. Khan had his chance when he beat Maidana. Since then he has done nothing but lose. I commend him on taking tough opponents, but don't ever say that his style gives Floyd fits. Jumping in with wild punches and then grabbing Floyd won't beat Floyd.

Comment

Probably Alexander. The thing is none would beat him not what I've seen from them so far. All of those guys are about the same level but they are all at least a level below where they would need to be to compete.

Comment

Working...
                      X