Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first day of training for the biggest fight of my life!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day of training for the biggest fight of my life!

I call this "THE FIGHT OF MY LIFE"

Im most likely going to weigh in about 245-250 at my official weigh in. And the plan is to go down to 165-170 in a matter of about 6 months

im 5''11 1/2

Ive purchased:

Speed Bag
    Stationary Bike
    Bench Press
    Free Weights

And i have a question for the knowledgeable trainers in here....

#1. Should i do weight training every day or every second day.....i know im suppose to do cardio every day.

Thanks for any input

you should do weights once or twice a week and try and do sparing 3-4 times a week and take sunday off (so you dont over train)
    do light weights with fast reps and do 100m,200m,400m and 800m sprints for stamina (also do long distance runs)

Comment

Weights 2-3 times a week. Less if you feel you haven't recovered.

Cardio should only abe 2 or 3 times a week at your stage, especially with your weight; start off light as your joints will be ****ed other wise. Try swimming and walking, then move on to jogs, then finally sprint training.

You purchased a bench, not a bench press btw.

Comment

dont push yourself to hard you might get a heart attack

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jr. View Post

Im most likely going to weigh in about 245-250 at my official weigh in. And the plan is to go down to 165-170 in a matter of about 6 months

im 5''11 1/2

Ive purchased:

Speed Bag
          Stationary Bike
          Bench Press
          Free Weights

#1. Should i do weight training every day or every second day.....i know im suppose to do cardio every day.

Thanks for any input
          Thats a good start but you need to understand that if you keep eating garbage you'll stay fat. Training is only one part of the equation.

Comment

What kind of weight training are you guys doing? I'd like to get a weight training routine to supplement my boxing training

Comment

why dont you stay at 250 work on using that weight into power like foreman,

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                why dont you stay at 250 work on using that weight into power like foreman,
                just forget the weights and strap cars to yourself and start pulling

Comment

im 5''11 1/2

Ive purchased:

Speed Bag
                  Stationary Bike
                  Bench Press
                  Free Weights

Thanks for any input
                  dude I'm tellin you, I used to date A thai girl. She cooked this awesome rice and that's almost all i would eat. I was able to get down from 158 to 150 before I deployed to afghanistan(I'm 6'1" BTW). That was in at matter of a month, I was in shape just wanted t lose some pounds and get in even better shape. It's fried rice, it was chicken, pork, beef, or seafood along with Rice, vegetables, and pineapple, and eggs.. Very Very good for you, gives you lots of energy. Healthy asian food is very very good for weight loss.
                  Last edited by Don Johnson; 09-21-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

im 5''11 1/2

Ive purchased:

Speed Bag
                    Stationary Bike
                    Bench Press
                    Free Weights

Thanks for any input
                    It doesn't matter. Hopkins will own you.

Comment

Working...
                    X