Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
    no belts should change hands with catchweights involved period;
    If it is a "WELTERWEIGHT" belt one the line, weight should be 147 period.
    the Margarito fight, SUPERWELTERWEIGHT belt on the line , weight should be 154 period. as far as JMM requesting 144, if he did; do you think he did that because PAC had already fought the 2 previous fights in the 147 range?.
    and if received the 147 belt for the Cotto fight, then he is a 147pd fighter, you can't have it both ways.
    It would be the same thing for Mayweather, if he decided to take on 1 of the 154 big boys...no catchweight!! you accept the belt you fight at that weight!!
    especially him, since he has said on more than 1 occasion "no catchweights"
    OK anyway once Pac won a welter belt, he never requested CWs from other welters. When JMM requested to fight for his title at a CW Pac actually respected the contracted weight, unlike Floyd. AFAIK the only champ that requested a CW against a divisional challenger is Cotto, in the Marg rematch.

Pac's 8th "SWW" belt is not worth much, don't get me wrong. Was a good spectacle and far from a gimme for Pac, but the belt is bogus. But so was "runner up" DLH's 6th belt.

Comment

• Pac just fought 2 fighters in the top 10 P4P in one year.

When has Fmj done that?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        OK anyway once Pac won a welter belt, he never requested CWs from other welters. When JMM requested to fight for his title at a CW Pac actually respected the contracted weight, unlike Floyd. AFAIK the only champ that requested a CW against a divisional challenger is Cotto, in the Marg rematch.

Pac's 8th "SWW" belt is not worth much, don't get me wrong. Was a good spectacle and far from a gimme for Pac, but the belt is bogus. But so was "runner up" DLH's 6th belt.
        I can agree with you, somewhat on that, the same way I personally don't think Floyd is going to defend his share of the 154 belt he took off Cotto.
        That is why I said what I said about them both being about the same risk wise. they both stack the deck in their favor. When all roads to the big cash come thru them, they can do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
          I can agree with you, somewhat on that, the same way I personally don't think Floyd is going to defend his share of the 154 belt he took off Cotto.
          That is why I said what I said about them both being about the same risk wise. they both stack the deck in their favor. When all roads to the big cash come thru them, they can do that.
          Both are performing way above their optimal weight. You see how Cotto couldn't deal at his 3rd weight. The only intrigue in Floyd Canelo is Saul having 15-20lbs on Floyd

Comment

• floyd fought a giant name big show
            floyd > pac...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Both are performing way above their optimal weight. You see how Cotto couldn't deal at his 3rd weight. The only intrigue in Floyd Canelo is Saul having 15-20lbs on Floyd
              agreed, as far as Cotto, I am still trying to figure him out. Everybody wants to label him as shot when it is convienent to which ever argument they are having, but I forget which trainer it was that said him training at high elevation for the trout fight actually hurt him more than helped, supposedely it thickens the blood, and caused him to gas and under-perform ( but who knows). The guy has been through some wars (so he will always get respect from me) and if Margarito was actually loaded for their fight, then i'm impressed he still fights at the level he does. I don't know about you but I'm still waiting for Ginger to fight a real 154pdr to really gauge him, but with that said I still think he can give Floyd troubles because of the size advantage and you can't deny he is a good fighter

Comment

• pacquiao is the king of risk taking

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  Well Manny beat Mosley before Floyd, Bob Arum said that Mosley was back in his prime and was a legit threat for Manny Pacquiao.

Manny also beat Antonio Margarito who was ranked the Number 2 fighter in the world and was more dangerous than Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez at the time who was also calling out Manny Pacquiao.
                  Floyd beat Mosley before manny did

Comment

• I'm going to admit i voted for Floyd because i favor him as a boxer over Pacquiao and how the latter is handled.

Only because this is like the gajillionth thread where people feel the need to castrate him over his skill level. While i do like Pac, i think that many of his fights are perceived as being risks since people deem him borderline ******ed, inept and downright play his skill as a fighter. People haze him to the casual fans and almost made it fact to all fans that he's from a poor, never mind 3rd world country....the Philippines is damn near 4th world county.

Fighting guys coming off of numerous bad performances, draining, catchweights, facing guys only if they kill themselves at weight it almost neutralizes what i see as risks for him in the same manner that Floyd's fights seem like less of a risk because of his skill

Comment

Working...
                    X