No announcement yet.

Mexican Americans of boxingscene i have a question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Americans of boxingscene i have a question

If we went to war with Mexico would you fight with us or switch sides?

Inspired by a debate i heard during dinner last night
    yes
    58.33%
    no
    41.67%

The poll is expired.

Well i'm not Mexican American but I would join the US side because I don't want to get killed. The only way Mexico wins is if we make the US quit.

But, obviously Mexico would have my heart and I would secretly be rooting for Mexico.

I expect all the Pochos to be supporting The US though

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Well i'm not Mexican American but I would join the US side because I don't want to get killed. The only way Mexico wins is if we make the US quit.

But, obviously Mexico would have my heart and I would secretly be rooting for Mexico.

I expect all the Pochos to be supporting The US though
      It is an interesting subject how would we treat our own some talk of camps like we did with the Japanese i for one would switch sides if that happened they are just as much of an american as i am.

Comment

It all depends on the situation and if u.s government will force to put all mexican americans decendents in concentration camps like they did to the japanese anericans in wwII

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          It is an interesting subject how would we treat our own some talk of camps like we did with the Japanese i for one would switch sides if that happened they are just as much of an american as i am.
          I think it all depends on how far removed they are from their roots.
          I would expect a lot of first generation Mexican Americans like my brother to be conflicted. Since alot of first generation Chicanos still have family in Mexico and regularly visit. But the 2nd ,3rd or even older generations would support the US 100%. Since alot can't even speak spanish.

I'm not sure internment camps would work anymore. There's too much technology readily available nowadays, people would see footage and pictures. The population wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Comment

I would expect a lot of first generation Mexican Americans like my brother to be conflicted. Since alot of first generation Chicanos still have family in Mexico and regularly visit. But the 2nd ,3rd or even older generations would support the US 100%. Since alot can't even speak spanish.

I'm not sure internment camps would work anymore. There's too much technology readily available nowadays, people would see footage and pictures. The population wouldn't be able to stomach it.
            I couldnt i have mexican friends that are like brothers to me.

Comment

Mexico cant be called home to most chicanos because they lived most of their lives here in the US. There would be a huge property of land they could use and will use restrictions similar to area 51 and other governed private properties. No Wifi no problem

Comment

man that would suck if this happened ... my parents are down there, i'd be torn, but i'm american so there's no switching sides for me
                Last edited by -Mustang-; 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Born in Mexico, raised in the States.

I'm fighting for the Red, White, and Blue 100%.

Comment

Im a Mexican American, parents from Durango

My blood, my talk, is all mexican

But i would stand up for what is right n for the lifestyle i was raised in, USA

If my parents would of stay in Mexico i probably would be dead in Ciudad Juarez the majority of my family generation are dead or in prison or all fuccd up

Comment

Working...
                    X