Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back to Rios vs Abril for a second...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meximafioso View Post
    i dont get how anyone thinks the Rios vs Abril fight was a clear cut win for either of those two turds. Had to be the most boring fight ive watched since the Molina vs Kirkland fight. HOW the **** is holding and pittypat punching skilled? Im sorry holding and clinching are two diffrent things. Now granted i was on the Rios bandwagon myself, i am not so sure now. I mean WTF, he couldnt cut off the ring and he allowed Abril to get off first. I mean really who the hell in their right mind would want to pay to watch either of these two turds fight again. I know i dont. Abril, talks tough and then runs and holds. Rios, talks tough, doesnt train properly, then cant adjust in the fight. I cant see him beating any top tier fighter after that stinker he was just in.

I love to see contrasts in styles, aka...active lateral movement boxer vs come forward pressure fighter, i love to see who adjusts and imposes there skill. Yes they are both skilled. Just in diffrent ways. Isnt that what makes this sport great?
    I actually had both guys losing at the end of the 12th. I would of ruled it a no contest because it is hard to call either guy a winner after that awful display.

Comment

[IMG]************************/avatar4.jpg[/IMG]I mean WTF, he couldnt cut off the ring and he allowed Abril to get off first. I mean really who the hell in their right mind would want to pay to watch either of these two turds fight again. I know i dont. Abril, talks tough and then runs and holds. Rios, talks tough,
      Last edited by Ardell91; 04-23-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
        you know tbh i bet'ed some E-points on rios beatin gamboa but IF that same rios fought gamboa he woulda lost to gamboa
        Agreed. Before the fight, I thought Rios would've beaten Gamboa. If the same Rios had fought Yuri, Gamboa would've won. Rios was a "dead man walking" in the fight versus Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          It was boring but didn't change the fact that Abril won ten of the twelve rounds.
          I didn't think the fight was so boring. I thought Abril was putting on a boxing display. Richard looked like the "old professor" versus a novice fighter. I prefer watching someone use every trick in the boxing handbook versus a come-forward brawler. That's not to say I don't think Brandon and his kind aren't entertaining; it's just my preference.

Comment

Abril fûcked him up, Plain and Simple.

Did Rios even land a single clean punch?

If Abril had any real power it would have been a KO. Rios had nothing at all in that fight.

Abril's poise was impressive and to see a monster in the division tamed that way was entertaining.

Comment

I didnt find it boring, but thats just me.

I thought it was entertaining watching Abril put up such a dominant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Meximafioso View Post
                i dont get how anyone thinks the Rios vs Abril fight was a clear cut win for either of those two turds. Had to be the most boring fight ive watched since the Molina vs Kirkland fight. HOW the **** is holding and pittypat punching skilled? Im sorry holding and clinching are two diffrent things. Now granted i was on the Rios bandwagon myself, i am not so sure now. I mean WTF, he couldnt cut off the ring and he allowed Abril to get off first. I mean really who the hell in their right mind would want to pay to watch either of these two turds fight again. I know i dont. Abril, talks tough and then runs and holds. Rios, talks tough, doesnt train properly, then cant adjust in the fight. I cant see him beating any top tier fighter after that stinker he was just in.

I love to see contrasts in styles, aka...active lateral movement boxer vs come forward pressure fighter, i love to see who adjusts and imposes there skill. Yes they are both skilled. Just in diffrent ways. Isnt that what makes this sport great?
                Have you ever boxed before? I would like to see what you would do if Rios was in front of you. Would you try to brawl and go toe to toe with him? No you wouldnt. You would pretty much have to fight like Abril if you want to win. It takes lots of skill to shoulder roll off they heavy punches and to counter at the right time. Although im not a big fan of the style, I admit that it takes skill. I think it was pretty easy for even a casual boxing fan to say Abril won. You, who admittedly is on the Rios bandwagon and is biased, have little credibility to claim no one should've won the fight. I believe you are just sore about the loss. Abril displayed great skill to beat Rios. "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
                  Have you ever boxed before? I would like to see what you would do if Rios was in front of you. Would you try to brawl and go toe to toe with him? No you wouldnt. You would pretty much have to fight like Abril if you want to win. It takes lots of skill to shoulder roll off they heavy punches and to counter at the right time. Although im not a big fan of the style, I admit that it takes skill. I think it was pretty easy for even a casual boxing fan to say Abril won. You, who admittedly is on the Rios bandwagon and is biased, have little credibility to claim no one should've won the fight. I believe you are just sore about the loss. Abril displayed great skill to beat Rios. "peeleft:
                  Great post! Green K.

You have to use your strengths in order to win a fight. It's just plain stupid to willingly fight the other guy's way. Abril obviously did exactly what needed to be done to beat Rios. As for entertainment value, not everyone has the same taste. The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone thought the same way.

Comment

Just because it was an ugly fight does not mean it was close, Abril clearly won most of the rounds. It was Rios' fault that he did not have a plan b...

Comment

rios fans want Abril to stay put and trade, "orale wey u moving too much, stand still so I can hit you a few times and don't block no punches either, no no, not the shoulder roll"

Comment

Working...
                      X