Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's Compubox Stats are often wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny, I'll be watching a fight and Popa or Lampley or whoever will be like a nice jab landed there and you can clearly see that the punch was blocked. They do it all the time and they almost always say the punches are landing for the "favorite" boxer..the one that is supossed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
      Some people believe thay come from a laser-guided computer and they are the absolute truth.

But the reality is that there is just an imperfect human being counting punches. And the one at HBO seems to have a very pro-US bias.

Watch the Jacobs-Pirog fight in HD and count the landed punches, then compare yours to that HBO guy's "Compubox" numbers.

Watch how he counted punches by Chad Dawson last night that fell short, while somehow not seeing some Pascal shots that clearly landed. And he counted MANY punches by Devon Alexander last week that clearly missed.

Punches landed are what determine who wins in the amateurs, except when there's a stoppage. We've all seen how the amateur judges have their biases and make mistakes, so it shouldn't surprise us how HBO's "Compubox" guy makes mistakes too.
      Yeah, Pirog owned that hypejob Alexander. I really hate those corrupt american judges. I'm just glad that Pascal-Dawson was not in USA. Thanks to that, we got another hypejob exposed.

Comment

They should invent something that is put into the gloves like a RFID chip. Put it somewhere where it wont bother the puncher and have the two chips exchange data. If a punch will be blocked by gloves than the two RF-ID chips would basicly collide and it will be clear if the punch landed clean or hit the glove. There must be some way to count punches using a computer, either setup some sort of mini cameras in the corners and uptop to have a 4d layout of everything going on in the ring. I always thought Compubox is calculated by a computer, Hence the COMPU part. Having a human do it makes it viable for corruption and favoritism and human errors. All of us at one point or another have been swayed by the compubox numbers. The pascal fight was a prime example where the numbers were way wrong. I have a reason thats why Kotelnik lost, because the 1100 air punches calculated by CompuBox.

Comment

People who depend on Compubox to score fights don't really know how to watch a boxing match. Sorry Jim Lampley.

Comment

I laugh at people who take Compubox so seriously, like it's totally accurate and truly decides who should win each round.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
              I laugh at people who take Compubox so seriously, like it's totally accurate and truly decides who should win each round.
              I like when people use the end totals to say who won and lost. That is my personal favorite.

It's like hey I won't even watch a fight I will just let this random dude with his finger on a button tell me who won, because he knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I like when people use the end totals to say who won and lost. That is my personal favorite.

It's like hey I won't even watch a fight I will just let this random dude with his finger on a button tell me who won, because he knows best.
                Someone on ESB started a thread saying we should eliminate judges and just use Compubox. And he seemed totally serious.

Comment

Working...
                X