No announcement yet.

punching the biceps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punching the biceps

a cheap trick or a viable offensive tool?

to me it's pretty dirty

the hell???

why would you do it, it doesnt score points??

in the pros sometimes if a guy uses the philly shell defence you jab their shoulder to weaken the arm and make them easier to hit, but that can only really work over 6-12 rounds......

theres no point doin it in the ams as you have such a short time to score points so you need to throw good quality scoring shots

Comment

It's neither a trick or dirty. Smart is what it is. Especially If you can catch them while throwing and hit them smack dab in the middle of it.

Comment

I do it frequently. There is nothing dirty about it. People neglect other parts of the body when they shouldn't

Jabbing to the shoulder is one of the most effective punches for backing someone off you. Jabs to the bicep, shoulder, chest, its all fair game.

Comment

I just think of how painful it can be to get punched in the bicep...I know I've been debilitated before from being hit solid there.
          That being said, I've only done "neighborhood/backyard boxing" and have better really been hit clean in the face/head so I don't have much to compare it to, other than my 31 years of life...mostly fighting with my older brother, which were not as innocent as some may assume...he once held me under water in our backyard pool for so long that I truly believed he was going to "accidentally" drown me.

Comment

That is a tactic some of the old time fighters used. I think Archie Moore used that. Punching them on the biceps until their arms are too sore or tired to throw punches.

Comment

ward looks for the quadricep on the opponent's lead leg

Comment

"to me it's pretty dirty"...............................

Seriously? Boxing is a FIGHT, punching the BODY (above the waist is legal. You can hurt the arm especially if the arm muscles are relaxed. You can also possibly set your opponent off balance. If your a strong puncher all the better!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I do it frequently. There is nothing dirty about it. People neglect other parts of the body when they shouldn't

Jabbing to the shoulder is one of the most effective punches for backing someone off you. Jabs to the bicep, shoulder, chest, its all fair game.
                  Now I know to watch out for Shawn if I ever spar him in the gym.

Comment

Working...
                  X