Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was definitely a great fight and Manny was one solid straight left from ending it. But whats getting lost in the shuffle is the first knock down and when Manny was hurt by another right from JMM. Although Manny's aggression was on a higher level than his last few fights, his overall report card IMO was lower. He wasn't patient and displayed absolutely NO defense what so ever. Not even his typical throw a combo then dip out to the right. If they do a 5th fight and I suspect they will and possibly a 6th, I hope Freddie realizes that Manny needs at least some D to continue at this age.

Comment

I believe Pac still a big force at WW and he will come up to the top again.. provided however, he could get rid all unwanted activities from his boxing world. He was doing good to JMM but appeared out of focus since he fought Bradley. Pac outside politics, religious disturbances, and nonsense showbiz will bring the old Pac fastness and agility, power and of lateral movements. Only that time we could say Pac is back!

Comment

does anyone else think hes full of ****? there is no way if pac man looks worse when they train next that he will tell him to retire i dont believe him for a second i call

Comment

I agree, I was more than just one Punch.

I agree, I was more than just one Punch.

Originally posted by shaps29 View Post
          Nobody is mentioning that he was dropped clean earlier. I've never even seen PacMan get hurt before and he got dropped by a very wide right early in the fight and then knocked out cold. If you dont see a decline you're kidding yourself, it was more than just one punch.

Comment

Manny doesnt have to retire when hes still making that kind of scratch per fight. He just has to go back to being carefully match made. No more counter punchers. Hes still good enough to beat anybody not name Floyd, JMM, or Broner. Hes too old to get away with his mistakes now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Manny doesnt have to retire when hes still making that kind of scratch per fight. He just has to go back to being carefully match made. No more counter punchers. Hes still good enough to beat anybody not name Floyd, JMM, or Broner. Hes too old to get away with his mistakes now.
              Nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
                This was definitely a great fight and Manny was one solid straight left from ending it. But whats getting lost in the shuffle is the first knock down and when Manny was hurt by another right from JMM. Although Manny's aggression was on a higher level than his last few fights, his overall report card IMO was lower. He wasn't patient and displayed absolutely NO defense what so ever. Not even his typical throw a combo then dip out to the right. If they do a 5th fight and I suspect they will and possibly a 6th, I hope Freddie realizes that Manny needs at least some D to continue at this age.
                Exactly. Marquez wasn't even throwing that many punches but he was just landing at will. People who say he fought a great fight think boxing is all about offense apparently. I was not impressed with his defense at all. That 3rd round KD was darn near embarrassing.

Comment

Could it be that PAC looked his best because Marquez was just waiting for that one punch.

Comment

Joke Coach Roach has a lot of rea$$$ons not to see a "decline" in his golden goose.

Comment

i have to agree with that but do you think thats realistic? be huge hit on his ego. right now he is probably telling himself jmm got lucky thats it

Comment

Working...
                      X