Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva vs Bonnar is the equilivent to Mayweather or Pacquiao vs Who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Silva took the fight on short notice against a guy that outweighs him by 30lbs because both of the real co-main events got cancelled from injury. Bonnar isnt any good but he's a big journeyman on a 5fight win streak.

So imagine pac or floyd fighting short notice against a middleweight edison miranda or sakio bika.
    lol no way.

Anderson has fought at 205 before and Bonnar is way below a MW Miranda or Bika.

The short notice excuse is a farce considering that this is a PPV. They should have called it off instead of serving the fans this crap. If Bonnar wins it would be arguably the biggest upset ever in MMA history.

May/Pac vs Garth Wood

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Bonnar and Bika are definitely on the same level: good fighters, but not good enough to beat the best in the division. dont know if you think Bonnar or Bika is better than the other one.
      Bonnar lost to senior citizen zombie Coleman.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
        Bonnar lost to senior citizen zombie Coleman.
        jon jones said Bonnar was his toughest opponent. what does that say? btw on my scorecard Bonnar beat Forrest Griffin in the TUF finale

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          jon jones said Bonnar was his toughest opponent. what does that say? btw on my scorecard Bonnar beat Forrest Griffin in the TUF finale
          Jones was a rookie and the Forrest fight was in 2005.

Bonnar wouldn't even be in the UFC right now had it not been for Dana's promise to keep him in the company.

This is an epic mismatch and if by some miracle Bonnar wins it will ruin Andersons legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
            If you ask me the UFC is becoming a joke. They are trying to make people pay for a complete joke of a fight! Is boxing starting to climb back and surpass MMA? Any thoughts?
            mayweather vs baldomir or pacquiao vs mosley.... in his prime p4p vs a washed up has been... IMHO

Comment

I LOVED that Edison Miranda comparison. Nowhere near good enough to beat the best but a tough guy who always puts up a good fight.

Comment

Bonnar is tough, good guy, but he's little chance here.

Comment

It's like if moneymay fought micky ward right now lol

Comment

kinda like pac/flyd vs anthony mundine

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I LOVED that Edison Miranda comparison. Nowhere near good enough to beat the best but a tough guy who always puts up a good fight.
                      Maybe this version of Miranda who is shot, but not the huge MW puncher that he was in his day.

Bonnar = Garth Wood

Comment

Working...
                      X