No announcement yet.

Post your fave movie scenes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    It seems I have tapped my karma to it's limit, so I won't be dishing any out for the next 24 hours. Consider this thread marked for my return, though.

Young Money, I see you. The theatre I saw that movie in collectively lost it's proverbial shit when that scene hit. Well, what was left of it, anyway : Half of the people who had bought tickets to see it left at various points during the movie.

I assume they weren't familiar with Cohen's character "Bruno" from his TV series, and expected another "Borat". Their leaving only compounded the hilarity.
    Thanks bro. Keep the scenes coming.

Here's one from John Q.

"I am not gonna bury my son. My son is gonna bury me."

Snatch (funny scene sample).

Comment

Comment

I always thought "John Q" would have been better had Denzel capped himself in the dome when he was on the table with that Glock. I don't know why, but I think it would have certainly been more profound had he taken his own life to save that of his child's.

I also didn't buy the whole "organ donation coming through at the very last possible second" scenario : Highly un-fucking-likely.

Good movie, though. I just thought it would have been better had it went "my way". Certainly more thought-provoking.

Comment

Comment

It seems I have tapped my karma to it's limit, so I won't be dishing any out for the next 24 hours. Consider this thread marked for my return, though.

Young Money, I see you. The theatre I saw that movie in collectively lost it's proverbial shit when that scene hit. Well, what was left of it, anyway : Half of the people who had bought tickets to see it left at various points during the movie.

I assume they weren't familiar with Cohen's character "Bruno" from his TV series, and expected another "Borat". Their leaving only compounded the hilarity.
            Haha similar thing happened at my theatre.

Actually I was a fan of Ali G back in the day so knew what I was getting myself into

Comment

Same here, YM : I watched every episode of his show as it premiered, so I knew what I was getting into. It was priceless to watch everybody else who had no fucking clue react in disgust, though.

Comment

I always thought "John Q" would have been better had Denzel capped himself in the dome when he was on the table with that Glock. I don't know why, but I think it would have certainly been more profound had he taken his own life to save that of his child's.

I also didn't buy the whole "organ donation coming through at the very last possible second" scenario : Highly un-fucking-likely.

Good movie, though. I just thought it would have been better had it went "my way". Certainly more thought-provoking.
                If Denzel dies, I think my wife (representing other audiences) would have a heavy heart after watching it. Or she is going to curse the director of that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                  If Denzel dies, I think my wife (representing other audiences) would have a heavy heart after watching it. Or she is going to curse the director of that movie.
                  Understood.

I just have a predisposition to sad stories with tragic endings in the cinema sense, I suppose : I haven't bothered to count, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the main character dies tragically in over half of the films I currently own, or like.

Nothing really reverberates with an audience (myself included) quite like mortality : It's the ultimate tool of "relation". Compounded even moreso by the taking of a life (your own included) for what we deem as a noble cause or reason.

If Denzel had taken his own life for the sake of his son, rest assured you (or any male currently viewing) could have swooped in and provided your wife (or any female) with some cheap comfort that would likely lead to sex in the end.

Comment

Understood.

I just have a predisposition to sad stories with tragic endings in the cinema sense, I suppose : I haven't bothered to count, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the main character dies tragically in over half of the films I currently own, or like.

Nothing really reverberates with an audience (myself included) quite like mortality : It's the ultimate tool of "relation". Compounded even moreso by the taking of a life (your own included) for what we deem as a noble cause or reason.

If Denzel had taken his own life for the sake of his son, rest assured you (or any male currently viewing) could have swooped in and provided your wife (or any female) with some cheap comfort that would likely lead to sex in the end.
                    That's one scenario or the other one is she requests for a Nicholas Spark-type of movie (which I painstakingly pretend that I like).

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X