No announcement yet.

Tread Mill or Roadwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tread Mill or Roadwork

This may sound dumb but still I hope you guys will help.Besides buying waterproof kit and trying to be consistant I think I'm gonna buy myself a tread mill instead of jogging in the rain.This will make it easier for me say just jog in my flat more consistantly.

The problem is with road work I really feel worked over as compared to being on the tread mill.I know I can adjust the gradient and speed on the tread mill but it never feels the same as roadwork.

Anyone in the know ,how do these two compare?Any advantages over the other?

It's much easier to run on a treadmill being that the surface underneath you is moving and you just have to glide with the tempo... on the ground, you have to exert more force to get your body to move.

Obviously roadwork is much better, when comparing.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      It's much easier to run on a treadmill being that the surface underneath you is moving and you just have to glide with the tempo... on the ground, you have to exert more force to get your body to move.

Obviously roadwork is much better, when comparing.
      Not to mention way less boring than running on a tread mill. I like running on back roads or trails where you have some nice scenery.

That feeling you get after running on a tread mill right when you step off is cool though. It feels like you're moving even though you're standing still. Know'm'sayin?

Comment

i prefer roadwork it has a variety of scenery and hills but i tend to get bored on the treadmill though

Comment

Get treadmill because I have one in my basement and I put a tv down so I can easily run 10 miles without even knowing it. Get please!
          Last edited by trigger happpy; 10-02-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Roadwork. Fresh air, change of scenery, possibility of local chicks sunning in bikini tops during the warmer months.

Comment

I equally despise both. But roadwork is harder, therefore better.

Comment

Treadmill is just too boring; I got rid of it. When I ride a bike outside, 45 minutes just flies by.

Comment

i run about 3-4 miles starting in the treadmill. I go outside and run about 1.25 starting

Comment

I prefer road running as you get the scenery and fresh air etc. I find the treadmill pretty boring.

Personally though when I run on the treadmill my knees don't hurt but when I've been road running I get pains in my knees.

Comment

Working...
                    X