Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd will never be beaten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sayin Floyd has a lot of power, but he has enough to keep fighters from going after him.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post

James Toney disagrees, BTW, wasn't Canelo a potential risk like 2 weeks ago, how many people had money (lol) on the fact he'd knock Floyd out?
      By the sound of his voice he is 100% without a doubt PUNCH DRUNK! Especially when he thinks he will shut out Pacquiao.

Comment

Right now it looks like no one will beat him. He could be his own worst enemy though.
        He could retire and in a few years when those $30 million dollar paydays stop coming in he could come back like a lot of boxers have and take an L against a young gun looking to make a name for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
          I'm not a fan of Mayweather, I dislike the guy, but it's as clear as daylight that he will never be beaten. Not because of his ability (he is very talented), but because he never takes risks.

Realistically, there are only two fighters out there who IMO could realistically cause Floyd some serious problems. Manny and Martinez (at 154). I'm not saying these two would beat Floyd, but they'd definitely have a chance, unlike the fighters who've recently been getting in the ring with Floyd. He just doesn't want to take any risks, he cares too much about his 0 without realising that true greats are remembered for who they've beaten, no their 0. True greats beat other true greats.

You can bet your house on Floyd not taking another challenging fight until he retires. And I'm not talking about overrated and overhyped fighters like Canelo, who only casual boxing fans are/were excited about and that was because of what they heard, not what they saw.
          I couldn't agree more with your premise. You are 110% correct.

Although, Manny is too small.....and too old these days (he's over it) to pose any kind of a threat to Floyd at 154, or potentially any other weight.

Martinez is indeed a potential spoiler. He has an awkward style, good speed, and potentially could beat Floyd. However, Floyd would use the argument (if he hasn't already) that they're not enough money in a Martinez fight for him to face him. "He's not on my level" and that kind of B.S.

It's sad, really. Once upon a time great fighters wanted to prove their greatness by taking on the best competition out there. This is why those of us who have been accused of lauding too much credit to fighters of days gone by do so. Those fighters went out and fought and beat the best. Of course we're going to be on Floyd's case and we're never going to give him the credit his fans want. He has taken no real risk since stopping Hatton.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been a HUGE disappointment ever since moving up from Lightweight. With the exception of Zab Judah and Ricky Hatton, he has unapologetically avoided the best competition of his era. And because of his own choices, he will never be considered of the ilk of Robinson, Grebb, Armstrong, Leonard, Gans, Langford, Duran, Whitaker, and others by any pundit of credible reputation.

Of course, there will always be "nuthuggers", as they're called touting his "greatness". And, there is some merit based on his talent and potential; but there will never be any valid proof to back it up because Floyd himself chose not to back up his own claims.

I don't hate Floyd Mayweather. I'm merely extremely disappointed in him.

Comment

Floyd will never be beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              By the sound of his voice he is 100% without a doubt PUNCH DRUNK! Especially when he thinks he will shut out Pacquiao.
              You're just upset because

A: You're name is PAC BOY
              B: under your name it says #1 Floyd Hater

Comment

I'm not a fan of Mayweather, I dislike the guy, but it's as clear as daylight that he will never be beaten. Not because of his ability (he is very talented), but because he never takes risks.

Realistically, there are only two fighters out there who IMO could realistically cause Floyd some serious problems. Manny and Martinez (at 154). I'm not saying these two would beat Floyd, but they'd definitely have a chance, unlike the fighters who've recently been getting in the ring with Floyd. He just doesn't want to take any risks, he cares too much about his 0 without realising that true greats are remembered for who they've beaten, no their 0. True greats beat other true greats.

You can bet your house on Floyd not taking another challenging fight until he retires. And I'm not talking about overrated and overhyped fighters like Canelo, who only casual boxing fans are/were excited about and that was because of what they heard, not what they saw.
                your right about martinez might beat him. i would have said martinez would beat him but how he has looked lately with those injuries now i am not so sure but if floyd would beat him he would definelty get credit

martinez has been trying to get a match with floyd for a while. when they were both at hbo said he would fight him at a catch weight. the defense before for floyd not taking the fight is that floyd doesnt fight catch weights but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why floyd fought canelo at a catch weight but wouldnt fight martinez under the same condition

canelo = very low risk and serious high reward

GGG would meet him at 154 but he doesnt have enough people behind him so floyd doesnt have to take that fight just like he didnt have to take the martinez fight because everyone else in the media was to busy pushing the floyd vs pac angle because they are both superstars

so i cant think of anyone at 147 that would beat floyd and if he fights bigger guys at 154 than he will only fight guys that clearly have no chance like canelo

now pac... he never stood a chance against floyd. i was never interested in that match because he is the Great Juan Manuel Marquez rival

plus as a floyd hater i never really wanted the match between pac and floyd because it was so in demand that as soon as floyd toyed and took pac to school than everybody would have been praising how great floyd or vice versa since i am no pac fan either

but things worked how i wanted them too Marquez was the one to decisively beat pac no one else

Comment

Pacquiao is too small for Floyd and his defense not good enough, plus he lost his aura

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                    You're just upset because

A: You're name is PAC BOY
                    B: under your name it says #1 Floyd Hater
                    After reading many of his posts, he's not actually serious. He's a guy who entertains himself by pretending to be a ******ed Pac lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      After reading many of his posts, he's not actually serious. He's a guy who entertains himself by pretending to be a ******ed Pac lover.
                      Surely he could keep the entertainment to himself with some kleenex, it's getting boring for the rest of us.

If u don't like Mayweather that's one thing, but genuinely boxers I tend to not like I'll stay away from posting in threads about them, that's the logical thing to do, but I guess logic isn't always the most obvious answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X