Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather vs Cotto Change Your Opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    For about 4 years now I have been saying Mayweather beats Pac. I can't lie this fight made me have some doubts.

Only because I think we saw the beginning of the decline of Floyd Mayweather. That doesn't mean he's done or past it but I do think the decline has started and what surprised me more than anything was how he couldn't move his feet as fast as he once did.

I know there are some that say he looked exactly the same as he did vs Ortiz and Mosley but there's no way. He could avoid the jab with his feet and he wasn't able to do that against Cotto.

Not taking any credit away from Cotto but if Cotto can land the left that way, it might open things for Pac even though I understand styles make fights.

Pac's movement, speed, power and being a lefty might cause Mayweather some serious trouble.
    How are you on the decline when you just won maybe 9 out of 12 rounds with another future hall of famer?

Instead of saying Floyd is on the decline....how about giving Cotto some credit.

Comment

Yes it changed my opinion. I always thought Pac would beat Floyd, now i think Pac beats Floyd even easier than he would have. Although of course it wont be easy.......literally. Just easier.

Comment

No, not at all. Cotto was bigger and stronger and unpredictable.

Pacquiao is none of that. I still think Floyd beats him down.

Pacquiao has no lead left hand to speak of... He pitty pats with the right hand before he throws the left and I think that doing that against Floyd, he gets hit with the left hook all night...

And then, Floyd could lean on Manny and fight him on the inside and smother his punches... He couldn't do any of that against Cotto.

The Cotto fight is weird to me because I feel like Cotto was too big and too strong for Floyd BUT he still got beaten pretty soundly.It's crazy!!

Comment

Mayweather still beats pacquiao......just like Marquez did.

Comment

Not at all, Manny would obviously land a bit on Floyd as he is a talented offensive fighter but Cotto is very thoughtful on offense so he only got caught a bit, while Manny is rather reckless so he would get made to pay much more.

Very different fights, Mayweather is still all wrong for Manny from what I see.

Comment

Based on what I saw, I think a fighter who is taller and can "consistently" present some of the attributes Cotto presented (cutting the ring off, body work, jab) would be problems for Floyd. Pacquiao has the lead left, speed, decent footwork, but I think we all know Floyd in comparison to fighters who have a reach advantage actually uses it. Pacquiao's combination punching is something I think every fighter would have to beware of (even Floyd) but Manny does seem to get a bit reckless and frustrated with a style like Marquez. Now adding that Floyd is bigger, stronger, better counter puncher, and better offensive fighter all around than Marquez, I have been one that's been on the fence giving points to both Pac and Mayweather, but I really don't see how Manny beats Floyd. We've all wanted to see Floyd in a fight and we saw it against a very game / live Cotto and he weathered the storm and even almost stopped Cotto in the 12th.

I wasn't very excited about Pac vs Bradley, but my eyes will be glued June 9th. Pacquiao has to somehow gain the momentum he's somewhat lost since the Marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                For about 4 years now I have been saying Mayweather beats Pac. I can't lie this fight made me have some doubts.

Only because I think we saw the beginning of the decline of Floyd Mayweather. That doesn't mean he's done or past it but I do think the decline has started and what surprised me more than anything was how he couldn't move his feet as fast as he once did.

I know there are some that say he looked exactly the same as he did vs Ortiz and Mosley but there's no way. He could avoid the jab with his feet and he wasn't able to do that against Cotto.

Not taking any credit away from Cotto but if Cotto can land the left that way, it might open things for Pac even though I understand styles make fights.

Pac's movement, speed, power and being a lefty might cause Mayweather some serious trouble.

Spot on. Although, he would use the high guard defense against Manny, but i definitely think that Manny can do more damage on him with the straight left even though he tends to be off balance even when he land it unlike Cotto who's always on balance.

Comment

Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
                  by fighting the best you mean a past prime cotto at his worst weight, Ortiz that was one fight remove from 140...and an overblown JMM...i dont consider those fights fighting the best like most people.

LOL how old are you?
                  Listen....You really seem like a troll or hater.
                  Floyd is the last guy who should have to argue about his resume.

18 world champions all lost to him.
                  He will go to the hall of fame.

Stop trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    Spot on. Although, he would use the high guard defense against Manny, but i definitely think that Manny can do more damage on him with the straight left even though he tends to be off balance even when he land it unlike Cotto who's always on balance.
                    Watch the Pac vs Marquez fight.
                    You should worry about what Floyd will do to Pac.

Comment

Absolutely not. No single contest is ever going to have any bearing on any other contest. Not unless it's a direct rematch. Triangle theories are ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X