No announcement yet.

Best Jabs to the Body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jabs to the Body?

Which fighters have/had the best sticks to the body?

honestly, Mayweather might have the best of all time. I think Mayweather is overrated by a lot of people in certain catagories, but his jab to the body is one beautiful damn punch.

Thomas Hearns, while he didnt put a lot of emphasis on the jab to the body, used it as a great distraction for his right hand to blast people.

JCC actually used it quite effectively too although no one paid much attention to it. used it in conjunction with the straight right hand to the head.

Comment

floyd mayweather.
      a young miguel cotto.
      larry holmes
      hector camacho jr

Comment

Hearns is an excellent choice, also SRL's wasn't bad either.

Jab to the body is a punch you need to be quite quick for.

Bob Fosters was pretty good.

Comment

Harold Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Harold Johnson
            Trust you Dan!

No but, I agree completely. I love watching Johnson, he fights like I would fight if I was 10x better.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

No nuthugging bs either. His jab to the body is literally a difference maker in his fights. A trump card of sorts. Just review the Judah fight or any of his fights. The moment he started the jab to the body, opponents got all discombobulated and loss.

Comment

I hate to say it, my vote for the best jab to the body of all time goes to Floyd Mayweather jnr.

When I saw the thread title, he came to mind first......

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather Jr.

No nuthugging bs either. His jab to the body is literally a difference maker in his fights. A trump card of sorts. Just review the Judah fight or any of his fights. The moment he started the jab to the body, opponents got all discombobulated and loss.
                  I don't remember him jabbing to the body much against Zab. What I saw were many straight rights to the body

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jnr stands out for me, its a tool he uses both often and with great effect

Comment

Working...
                    X