No announcement yet.

Motivation, How can I get it back?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation, How can I get it back?!

I was hoping someone out there could help me with tips on how get motivated. I was training for 9 months straight with weights (4 x per week). I took a break for 3 weeks during the Christmas holiday and ever since then my workouts have gone to crap. I tried to get back into the swing of things, but I found that my motivation level had dropped a lot. It has been 4 months now and I have yet to see the inside of weight room. I thought that if I could at least make for one week straight then I would be able to get over the hump. I am really frustrated cause I was very happy woith the gains I received during the 9 months of consistent training. But now my weight has dropped from 190 to 168. Can anyone help me get my motivation back?

It is always hard to know that you used to be better at something than you are now.
    Try a different angle to get your self going again. Try eating super-healthy cut out carbonation, and fast food, take vitamins. Once your pumped up from something else it will be easy to go back, and also when your back into it try not to take any big breaks like that.

Its bad for you but you could try Hydroxycut, if you start taking that then you won't be able to stop working out.

Comment

The hardest part about training is stepping out the front door. Get past that, and motivation will find you.

Echo
      Last edited by Echojaybird; 03-14-2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

well, how did you get it in the first place????

Comment

What you should do to get your motivation back is to observe someone who already has your desired results, for me it is watching boxing. Because boxing is my favorite sport and sort of my dream it motivates me to go to the gym 4x a week.

Comment

holy ****, from 190 to 168? is that right? in 3 weeks? where u on somethiN?

The thing that always gets me motivated is an upcoming fight... like if i know i have a fight in 3 weeks i gotta get goin and training just cuz i dont wanna get my ass kicked. Thats always been my best motivation.

Comment

You just have to be patient and work hard, I'm in my second week after being out for 8 months. My power has dropped plenty, but I know if I will be even better then when I left because of persistant hard work.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that participated in my thread. I really appreciate the words of advice. I do agree that getting myself off my lazy butt and back into the gym is the first step to solving this dilema. I guess that I have to reevaluate what is important in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mickst3r
                  holy ****, from 190 to 168? is that right? in 3 weeks? where u on somethiN?

The thing that always gets me motivated is an upcoming fight... like if i know i have a fight in 3 weeks i gotta get goin and training just cuz i dont wanna get my ass kicked. Thats always been my best motivation.
                  I lost the weight within the four months of inactivity. keeping weight on has always been a big problem for me. I am 33 years old now and my weight is fluctuating between 165 -168 LBS.I think I am underweight cause I am about 6'1. The heaviest I have been was 190. That was before the Christmas break. The only supplement I was taking during the 9 months of training was protein powder. I thought about creatine, but I had read that it only blows you up with H2o. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Palma
                    I lost the weight within the four months of inactivity. keeping weight on has always been a big problem for me. I am 33 years old now and my weight is fluctuating between 165 -168 LBS.I think I am underweight cause I am about 6'1. The heaviest I have been was 190. That was before the Christmas break. The only supplement I was taking during the 9 months of training was protein powder. I thought about creatine, but I had read that it only blows you up with H2o. Is that true?

yeah, you'll retain a lot of water on creatine ( he ha, just like a girl ) but it gives u a hardon to work out longer and harder, as soon as u go off the creatine u'll lose the water. my buddy made some stupid gains on creatine, his bench jumped up from around 175 / 180 to over 200, he said he felt a lot stronger, and he was a fat lazy ****. u might keep the strength though, after the h20 goes

Comment

Working...
                    X