Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of Ward-Dawson is no worse than #3 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Yeah I hate that argument. People use the same argument for Mayweather. The entire idea of you not deserving credit for a win simply because you're better than a guy is stupid. What better way can you prove you're better than somebody than by beating them?
    I respectfully disagree. This is absolutely not the same as in Floyd's case. Ward beat the best fighters at 168, period. No one can argue that. It can however be argued that Floyd did not beat the best fighters at both 154/147. Quite easily I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I respectfully disagree. This is absolutely not the same as in Floyd's case. Ward beat the best fighters at 168, period. No one can argue that. It can however be argued that Floyd did not beat the best fighters at both 154/147. Quite easily I might add.
      I think Floyd has beat everybody he's had to beat "while he was active." Mosley, Ortiz, even Baldomir we're all top ranked fighters at welterweight when he fought them. I personally feel he should've fought Cotto in 2008 but we can't change that. I don't blame him for not fighting Margarito because the biggest thing Margs in known for at this point is for being a cheater.

You can't compare Andre Ward's best weight class to Mayweather's worse. Mayweather came up 5 divisions so you can't blame him for not fighting everybody at 154. Ward has only came up once since beginning his career.

Comment

If Ward wins i'd put him number 2 behind Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
          He has beat better comp...Dawson went on a senior citizen tour and lost to Pacal
          well thats not true, dawsons resume is clearly better than wards.

adamek, harding, tarver x2, hopkins, johnson x2, diaconu..

some of them might be old but they better than most of the guys ward fought even if they were younger. froch is the only win on wards resume that holds up to hopkins, tarver, adamek and johnson.

who else has ward beat on that level? abraham? kessler? bika? miranda? all good wins dont get me wrong, but not a single one as great as dawsons' seven or eight best wins.

ward has a very good resume, dawsons is significantly better.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            I think Floyd has beat everybody he's had to beat "while he was active." Mosley, Ortiz, even Baldomir we're all top ranked fighters at welterweight when he fought them. I personally feel he should've fought Cotto in 2008 but we can't change that. I don't blame him for not fighting Margarito because the biggest thing Margs in known for at this point is for being a cheater.

You can't compare Andre Ward's best weight class to Mayweather's worse. Mayweather came up 5 divisions so you can't blame him for not fighting everybody at 154. Ward has only came up once since beginning his career.
            I get what you're saying, but I still have to disagree. IMO it's safe to say that Baldomir may have beaten Judah & ranked higher, but absolutely no one realistically can say he was better than Margarito. Also Mosley was ranked #3 but was the lineal champ but Pacman was also the better fighter there. (Although Floyd alone cannot be blamed for that particular fiasco).

Ward however dominated everyone at 168 worth their accolades. (Bute was no worth his at all).

All in all, I do understand what you're saying I just believe the situations to be quite different.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              well thats not true, dawsons resume is clearly better than wards.

adamek, harding, tarver x2, hopkins, johnson x2, diaconu..

some of them might be old but they better than most of the guys ward fought even if they were younger. froch is the only win on wards resume that holds up to hopkins, tarver, adamek and johnson.

who else has ward beat on that level? abraham? kessler? bika? miranda? all good wins dont get me wrong, but not a single one as great as dawsons' seven or eight best wins.

ward has a very good resume, dawsons is significantly better.
              #1Assassin this is a good post...much respect, regarding Chad Dawson's previous competition...

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Pacquiao sons...........

Manny is not even top 5. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I'd say so. I actually have Pac way down on the p4p rankings.

My rankings would be

1. Floyd
                  2. JMM
                  3. The winner of Ward/Dawson
                  4. Martinez
                  5. Pac

I don't see how anyone can have Pac in the top 2 spots. Time to stop living in the past and look at who he has beat and how he has beat them. It has been a very long time since I said wow, that guy is the best or the second best fighter in the world.
                  Good list however Donair and or Klit has done more than Pac. Outside of the 2009 CW win over Cotto, Pac hasn't accomplished anything. Hell, Hopkins and Froch have accomplished more than Pac since 2009.

Comment

Working...
                  X