Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is John Murray Fighting Rios For The Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is John Murray Fighting Rios For The Title?

When he's coming of a KO/TKO defeat against Kevin Mitchell? Mitchell had been out 13 months and still managed to come back stop Murray. So how does he beat argubaly #1 at 135lb?

Why not have Rios vs Miguel Vasquez in a title unifaction?

Or why didn't Top Rank choose someone on a winning streak etc Henry Lundy, John Molina?

not sure but im going to happy to see murray get sparked out again...

Comment

Murray will make it an exciting fight for while it lasts. Will be a war that Rios is going to win...

Comment

Apparently.

Whats up with all the joke fights today?

In fact this year has been the year of Joke Fights.

Comment

It is a fight designed to make Rios look like a world beater, not a fight designed to test him~

If nobody knows who the guy he is fighting anyways, might as well have an unknown guy that he will look impressive against.

Comment

Rios twittered me today and responding to my question: "Why Murray over Mitchell?" he said: "The reson why coz he didn't want 2 fight me yet so murry come alone n tht who my manager pick". Theories of why Mitchell didn't pick up the tab (he was favourite for Rios actually), is probably because he could have made more money or Warren is saving him whilst he's just about getting his career back on call. One thing's for sure, I think Mitchell will fight the winner for the Regular Title

Comment

Cant see this going past 6 rounds maybe even 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Apparently.

Whats up with all the joke fights today?

In fact this year has been the year of Joke Fights.
                Agreed.

Hatton vs Alvarez, Chavez vs Zbik, Morales vs Cesar Cano, Povetkin vs Chagaev Bute vs Mendy, Murray vs Rios, Wlad vs Mormeck.

Comment

Rios will slaughter him.

Definitely won't go 12 Rounds.

Comment

probably because Rios vs another title holder is it's own main event on HBO or Showtime, whereas this is an undercard fight to showcase his talent more than anything (also it's less money). Plus, the style matchup should mean it will be entertaining.

From a business perspective we have to realize Cotto & Margarito are getting the vast majority of the money, so when you have a PPV card where the main event guys are taking most all the money, it's difficult to get stellar fights on the undercard, although I'm sure there could have been better opponents available for Rios than Murray for the same cost.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X