Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Let's be clear that it is not Floyd Mayweather who ducked Miguel Cotto. But it is Team Cotto who ducked Floyd Mayweather.

For a time, between 2003-05, Miguel Cotto was moving up through the light Welterweight division like a freight train. The guy is a warrior with tremendous heart and a heavy left hand.

There was a lot of talk of a potential bout between the two. This is why Cotto elected to fight DeMarcus Corley, as Floyd had been the distance with Chop Chop. Cotto outweighed Corley by 9lbs that night and still ended up doing the chicken-dance. Don't get me wrong, Floyd got rocked a couple of times by Corley too.

So Team Cotto decided, rather than risk similar irreversible mistakes against Floyd, lets give him Cotto's clone. Cue Henry Bruseles. If you haven't seen that fight, I suggest you go watch it closely. Both Cotto and Hatton were ringside for that bout, and consequently campaigned in other alphabet titles after witnessing total annialation, and humiliation of this young prospect.

However, don't get it twisted, Bob Arum has been pulling Cotto's strings for the longest. He put Miguel through so much. The smartest move Floyd ever made was to rid himself of that lying sack.

Not really a case of Floyd ducking, just a painful process dealing with Arum, who also owes Floyd millions from the Gatti and Judah fights.

Peace to all...

It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008.

And Floyd retired.

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post
      Let's be clear that it is not Floyd Mayweather who ducked Miguel Cotto. But it is Team Cotto who ducked Floyd Mayweather.

For a time, between 2003-05, Miguel Cotto was moving up through the light Welterweight division like a freight train. The guy is a warrior with tremendous heart and a heavy left hand.

There was a lot of talk of a potential bout between the two. This is why Cotto elected to fight DeMarcus Corley, as Floyd had been the distance with Chop Chop. Cotto outweighed Corley by 9lbs that night and still ended up doing the chicken-dance. Don't get me wrong, Floyd got rocked a couple of times by Corley too.

So Team Cotto decided, rather than risk similar irreversible mistakes against Floyd, lets give him Cotto's clone. Cue Henry Bruseles. If you haven't seen that fight, I suggest you go watch it closely. Both Cotto and Hatton were ringside for that bout, and consequently campaigned in other alphabet titles after witnessing total annialation, and humiliation of this young prospect.

However, don't get it twisted, Bob Arum has been pulling Cotto's strings for the longest. He put Miguel through so much. The smartest move Floyd ever made was to rid himself of that lying sack.

Not really a case of Floyd ducking, just a painful process dealing with Arum, who also owes Floyd millions from the Gatti and Judah fights.

Peace to all...
      I have evidence of Arum turning down a Mayweather offer to face Cotto.

I'll gladly take some points off anyone who denies this.

Side note: I thought Cotto and hatton were ringside for the Gatti bout (at the beginning, in front of Fat Dan):

Comment

They could have fought in 2008...after Cotto beat Mosley and Floyd beat Hatton in 2007...but Floyd took his vacation...

Arum may have been a problem but I did wanna see it happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008.

And Floyd retired.
          It wasn't going to happen, whether he was retired or fighting in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Floyd shoulda fought both Cotto and Margarito, because then Mannys wins really wouldnt mean ****... However he didnt, its a shame but reality and both fell off since then,but in the long run would have been highlight million buy fights for Floyd...

No question Floyd beats MAB, Erik Morales and JMM... Prime Gatti v Pac toss up, Mitchell would kill pac in his prime, that version of mosley floyd fought wouldve done damage....

Comment

Yes Sir. I remember it just as TS stated in the OP. Green for TS when I reload.

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post

Peace to all...
                Listen here dude. You have some nerve posting a thread with facts in it. How dare you come on NSB and not believe that Floyd ducked Miguel Cotto. Independent thinking based on factual evidence will get you punished.

Comment

Comment

all I know for a fact is that the fight didn't happen.

I also know that many many other fights that people wanted to see floyd in didn't happen

I do know that many of the people that everyone wanted to see floyd fight fought each other and everyone else in and around 147.

the above are facts.

facts from the OP:

"The smartest move floyd ever made was to rid himself of that lying sack"

"There was a lot of talk of a potential bout between the two"

"For a time, between 2003-05, Miguel Cotto was moving up through the light Welterweight division like a freight train. The guy is a warrior with tremendous heart and a heavy left hand. "

nothing else is facts, they are opinions.

oh yeah, and floyd beat bruseles down I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X