No announcement yet.

The only acceptable main event fighter for network tv is james kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only acceptable main event fighter for network tv is james kirkland

all other gbp fighters might be good, but none are guaranteed to be exciting. kirkland fights are all out from start to finish and end in brutal knockouts. Also, his story and Ann wolfe's story are super-compelling and make for must-see tv. remember, common folks do not want to watch adrien broner or paul williams

saul alvarez

Comment

not realistic, not as exciting, doesn't speak english, not american. he's a good ppv guy, seller to latino markets, not a national u.s. market.
      alvarez / gbp is also not open to competitive fights like james kirkland is. hes a cash cow. kirkland is a brawler who has potential to be loved by all americans who dont mind rooting for a criminal (most).

Comment

Originally posted by 77Ritchie77 View Post
        all other gbp fighters might be good, but none are guaranteed to be exciting. kirkland fights are all out from start to finish and end in brutal knockouts. Also, his story and Ann wolfe's story are super-compelling and make for must-see tv. remember, common folks do not want to watch adrien broner or paul williams
        only if he rematches this guy..

Comment

you start a thread saying Kirkland, then you reply to your own thread saying "He Shouldn't"??? lol

this is boxing, nobody can "GUARANTEE EXCITEMENT" unless you FIX THE FIGHTS and put bums in front of them and tell them to go get KNOCKED OUT, sorry but I am not interested in seeing Exciting "FIXED FIGHTS"

some one like Seth Mitchell would make sense to try and spark interest in a DEAD HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (at least dead in the US)
          Last edited by sicko; 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

i never said it shouldnt be kirkland. he's the only guy that makes sense. (wont demand millions, exciting, wants to be in even matches, big puncher, exciting, speaks english, interesting life story).
            seth mitchell was my second choice. however, golden boy is not looking to put seth in competitive fights yet. kirkland is fine with taking a few shots, seth is not. kirkland is fine with punchers, seth is not (at least according to golden boy matchmakers).
            - one loss doesnt disqualify kirkland, and i'd love to see him fight ishida again - if it happens kirklands opponent will i****a himself when he sees what he;s up against.

Comment

are you crazy? have you seen golden boy's stable?

peter quillan
              maidana
              lara
              guerreo
              ponce de leon
              leo santa cruz
              anselmo moreno

Comment

why would people not want to see Broner.. his last fight was one of the most entertaining ive seen in a while.. his salsa dance with perez, the ko and the ko dance (even if it was a little low to do that) and the people want entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  you start a thread saying Kirkland, then you reply to your own thread saying "He Shouldn't"??? lol

this is boxing, nobody can "GUARANTEE EXCITEMENT" unless you FIX THE FIGHTS and put bums in front of them and tell them to go get KNOCKED OUT, sorry but I am not interested in seeing Exciting "FIXED FIGHTS"

some one like Seth Mitchell would make sense to try and spark interest in a DEAD HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (at least dead in the US)
                  Wronggggggg look at angulo vs kirkland we al;l knew what we were fawking getting .

Same thing woukld happen if someone like rios fights maidana . Some styles are pretty obvious

Comment

Originally posted by 77Ritchie77 View Post
                    not realistic, not as exciting, doesn't speak english, not american. he's a good ppv guy, seller to latino markets, not a national u.s. market.
                    alvarez / gbp is also not open to competitive fights like james kirkland is. hes a cash cow. kirkland is a brawler who has potential to be loved by all americans who dont mind rooting for a criminal (most).
                    20% of american population is latino

Comment

Working...
                    X