Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a fight is stopped on cuts made by a punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a fight is stopped on cuts made by a punch?

What do you think should happen?

Most the Vitali nuthuggers on here think that he beat Lennox because Lennox was gassing out and Vitali was 4-2 up on all 3 score cards so that means Vitali was the real winner.

So do they think it should of went to the score cards an Vitali declared the winner?

Imo it was a good stoppage Vitali's eye was badly damaged and the doctor feared for his long term vision. So if it carried on Vitali could of had permanent damage to the eye and not of been able to box again. How many of you Vitali fans here are doctors and know anything about the cuts to his eye?

Should we declare if somebody is up on the score cards say 8-1 then they get nocked out, that they was the winner because they won 8 rounds of the fight, that is virtually what the Vitali fans say.

Vitali put up a good fight and a great display and went on to be a better fight because of the defeat to Lewis but the fight vs Lewis was a DEFEAT and went down as a L on Vitali's record and there is no denying that.

I agree. Vitali lost because he had to be pulled out for his own safety because of the damage Lewis did to his face. Nobody can say Vitali won because there was still half the fight to go and Lewis had his best round before the stoppage.

Comment

its disputed if the cut was caused du to a punch ore glove edge glancing blow which is illegal.

under normal circumstances a fight which is stopped by an illegal blow is a technical draw in round 1-4 and after that goes to the scorecard, however this is not in effect under championships fights.

so anyway you put it, its a correct win for lewis.........but well he won but he didnt exactly whop him

Comment

I am a big fan of the bros but Lennox won fair and square, the only real debate for me is that the way the fight ended in no way shape or form proved who over all was the superior fighter, too bad Lennox didn't want to rematch him.

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
          its disputed if the cut was caused du to a punch ore glove edge glancing blow which is illegal.

under normal circumstances a fight which is stopped by an illegal blow is a technical draw in round 1-4 and after that goes to the scorecard, however this is not in effect under championships fights.

so anyway you put it, its a correct win for lewis.........but well he won but he didnt exactly whop him

2:13 that's a legal punch not even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post

2:13 that's a legal punch not even debatable.
            It's not even worth arguing with him. Klitschko fans are the most ******ed fans in the sport.

Lewis hit Vitali with legit punches to the head and ruined his face. Lewis won the fight.

That is exactly what happened.

That Vitali was ahead on the scorecards is completley irrelevant. Jersey Joe Walcott was ahead on the scorecards when Marciano knocked him out. Being ahead on the scorecards means fuck all if you get stopped.

Take a look at Lewis and Vitali's faces after the fight. Who looks like the looser?

Then offcourse there's also the myth that Vitali "dominated" the fight, which is pure bull. 4-2 is not dominating, it's just being ahead on the scorecards.(which again means absolutley fuck all when you get your face smashed in).

Comment

Being punched in the face repeatedly until it rips open and you start gushing blood is an "unlucky injury"

Comment

Originally posted by grape drink View Post
                It's not even worth arguing with him. Klitschko fans are the most ******ed fans in the sport.

Lewis hit Vitali with legit punches to the head and ruined his face. Lewis won the fight.

That is exactly what happened.

That Vitali was ahead on the scorecards is completley irrelevant. Jersey Joe Walcott was ahead on the scorecards when Marciano knocked him out. Being ahead on the scorecards means fuck all if you get stopped.

Take a look at Lewis and Vitali's faces after the fight. Who looks like the looser?

Then offcourse there's also the myth that Vitali "dominated" the fight, which is pure bull. 4-2 is not dominating, it's just being ahead on the scorecards.(which again means absolutley fuck all when you get your face smashed in).
                didnt i say, anyway how you put it lewis won`?

Comment

One of the worst cuts I've ever seen, the fight was rightly stopped and rightly awarded to Lennox because that's the rules of boxing.

Had the fight gone on I believe Lennox would of won a decision over Vitali, a tight one. A fully motivated, fit and dedicated Lewis would of beaten Vitali if they had a rematch, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X