Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Afolabi says Wlad is discriminated against in the US because of where he's from

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
    You're either being obtuse intentionally trying be a smart-ass, or you're a flat-out idiot.
    Very difficult, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Very true!!!! Sickens me how the Klits get shitted on.
      All of that cold war programming that you see in Rocky movies about the evil Soviets, the emotionless cold "robots," is still very much alive in the American psyche.

You have people who dislike the K-Bros for that reason.

You have others who feel that only blacks should be the HW champion, because the media here has always glamorized Ali and been fascinated with Tyson. Marciano was a footnote and seen as a relic of the racist 1950s by the 1960s-influenced liberal media, many of whom are still around and in positions of influence.

A white guy or guys, "Russians" (they make no distinction) no less, are automatically suspect as HW champions.
      Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-13-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Very difficult, I see.
        Yes, isn't it.

Comment

Pacquiao isnt american, Froch isnt american..

Comment

Wladamir is boring in everyday. A gentlemen perhaps, but as a boxer, he has a lack of emotion when he speaks and in the ring, his style is not exciting. Remember he is a big guy, 240 lbs, we expect big guys to push and dominate.

Wlad has a good resume and is a good fighter, and like Lewis, we don't love either, but respect both. They were both boring.

Now Vitali, he gets more love, but retired for four years. Fight more in the US and he could get some love, but he is slowing down and older now.

Comment

Yes, isn't it.
              So then answer.

Comment

Froch, Hatton, Pacquiao, Cotto.

Yep all Americans.

Comment

Wlad and i mean Wlad especially goes through the samething Mayweather goes through, Thats why they do not like fighters like them, They call both of them boring, Maybe if Wlad was black maybe he would be loved more but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Pacquiao isnt american, Froch isnt american..
                    Ever hear of the Cold War? It didn't end all that long ago. Ever see the flag-waving Rocky IV with the stereotype "evil" Soviet boxer who the Klitschkos are often compared to?

Many good "Amuricans" still hate the nasty Ruskies.

Froch and Pacquiao don't enter into that, nor are they heavyweights.

And while I like Froch, he is nothing in the USA.

Comment

If the K-Bros were Wally and Victor from Kansas and spoke folksy American, they would be the biggest thing since sliced bread in America. Larry Merchant has said this many times. But Americans have been programmed to hate the "Russian" robots by Rocky movies and other pop culture media, which is why you get the racist caricatures of them with all the "I must break you" comments. The cold war is still on for many Americans.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=433326

Comment

Working...
                      X