No announcement yet.

Leonard vs any current fighters from 147-160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard vs any current fighters from 147-160

think anyone from today would be able to beat a prime Leonard? a fight with Pwill would be interesting, so would fights with Shane, Floyd, and Pac. But i would give an edge to Leonard in all of these fights.

I think Williams would give him one hell of a fight, but Leonard would beat him on the inside. Williams doesn't know how to use his reach or size correctly. Mayweather, Mosley, and Pac all give him a good fight, but I think Leonard beats them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
      think anyone from today would be able to beat a prime Leonard? a fight with Pwill would be interesting, so would fights with Shane, Floyd, and Pac. But i would give an edge to Leonard in all of these fights.
      Williams would get knocked out. He's tall and his a long reach but he's not that skilled. KO or Ud.

Cotto could give anyone problems as he showed against Mosely, his jab is very good and he can box well, I don't think he likes southpaws though. Still, Leonard by Ud or stoppage.

Mosely in his prime would give Leonard a lot of trouble, Mosely was agressive at times like Duran was, and very strong. The current Mosely would get out boxed badly.

That's my take.

I guess there is Mayweather to, but we don't know how he does against a prime or legit WW. He almost lost to the 154 lb Oscar who at that stage wasn't at his best.

Comment

Williams gets stopped late or maybe survives to a UD in an action packed fight.
        Cotto competes early, but gets hurt and then stopped late.
        Mosley loses a competitive UD in another great fight.
        Floyd hangs in there and gives Leonard trouble at times with his defence and countering, but Leonard takes a UD, bigger, stronger and able to push Floyd around and outwork him
        Manny would get stopped late in a pretty good fight, but with Leonard in control most of the time.

Comment

Over twelve rounds Vernon Forrest could well have been a nightmare opponent for Ray!!!!! I'm talking the prime Vernon that beat Mosley....so sad that 2009 was a tragic year for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
            I'll give Paul William's chin the benefit of the doubt and say Leonard wins a decision, but the Punisher does not have the skills to beat Leonard.

Floyd has nothing that would bother Leonard, he will have some moments because of his defensive skill but he loses a lopsided decision.

Leonard wins a decision or late stoppage against Pac in a fight I think would play out similar to Leonard-Duran 1, except Pac wouldn't do as well.

I think prime Mosley stands the best chance of beating Leonard, he had the size, strength, and skill to really bother Leonard, that's a close fight I would lean towards Leonard on.

Comment

prime shane vs. prime ray would have been sick!!

Comment

Ray Leonard beats them all

Comment

lol, why did I click this topic...

Williams would beat him by SD. Williams is a different fighter than Hearns. Williams throws 1000+ punches a night. Hearns tried for the KO every second he got. So sure SRL can fight a guy with long arms, but what about a guy with long arms, has plateau of power, iron chin, and always throws punches?

Mayweather would lose. Both slick guys but Leonard actually uses his offense. It would be a UD.

Mosley vs Leonard. I think Leonard would get the win by SD. No Uninmous anything. Mosley wont get dropped.

Pac vs Leonard would be the ****. As much as it pains me to say this. Each time I try to vision the fight, Pacquiao gets that lead left in and puts Leonard on his ass. I think Pacquiao would win.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    lol, why did I click this topic...

Williams would beat him by SD. Williams is a different fighter than Hearns. Williams throws 1000+ punches a night. Hearns tried for the KO every second he got. So sure SRL can fight a guy with long arms, but what about a guy with long arms, has plateau of power, iron chin, and always throws punches?

Pac vs Leonard would be the ****. As much as it pains me to say this. Each time I try to vision the fight, Pacquiao gets that lead left in and puts Leonard on his ass. I think Pacquiao would win.
                    Log off....

Comment

Working...
                    X