Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many elite fighters religious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because most people are religious??? duh...(and most people are religious because of their surroundings aka parental inflluence mainly)

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Most all athletes in general are religious. Think about it. They are naturally gifted people. They always say how thankful they are that god gave them their abilities.

Also, some of the best athletes as far as boxing, football, basketball, etc., come from poor/tough childhoods. Lots of them had religion to get through the tough times. It's been shown the poorest places in america, and the world, the highest percentage of religious people. There is a reason for that.

Also, not too many highly educated people in sports. The higher the IQ the lower the chance of being very religious.
      Albert Einstein was jewish...whats your point???

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        I bet the only fighters who have beaten Pacquiao believed in God.
        Erik Morales is definitely religious, and the dudes who knocked Pacman out were from Philippines one of the most parochial countries on earth. So that's for sure.

Comment

Its quite ironic they beleive in Jesus/God/Mohammed then beat people up for a living, it goes against what the bible/koran teaches....But at least its not as bad as killing on the battlefields then going to church.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
            Its quite ironic they beleive in Jesus/God/Mohammed then beat people up for a living, it goes against what the bible/koran teaches....
            There's nothing against boxing in the bible or any religious text.

But at least its not as bad as killing on the battlefields then going to church.
            Some of those who work forces are the same that burn crosses.....

Comment

I don't know. Maybe past experiences that made them believe.

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
              Not sure what Mosley is but he's either Christian or Buddhist because his wife.
              Shane is out of the Jin "Man destroyer" Mosley's grip.

Comment

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thankyou for arranging your priorities so that instead of stopping millions of people from dying of starvation you helped me win my sporting contest. I'm just glad I believe in Jesus more than my opponent.

What a strange argument. I suspect that you notice when people thank god or Jesus or whatever after their wins, while disregarding those that do not.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

What a strange argument. I suspect that you notice when people thank god or Jesus or whatever after their wins, while disregarding those that do not.
                  I do notice this phenomenon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                    fedor is very big bible beleiver...
                    was that picture in your avi the only one you can find of froch landing a decent punch?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      Most all athletes in general are religious. Think about it. They are naturally gifted people. They always say how thankful they are that god gave them their abilities.

Also, some of the best athletes as far as boxing, football, basketball, etc., come from poor/tough childhoods. Lots of them had religion to get through the tough times. It's been shown the poorest places in america, and the world, the highest percentage of religious people. There is a reason for that.

Also, not too many highly educated people in sports. The higher the IQ the lower the chance of being very religious.
                      very well said

Comment

Working...
                      X