Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could combine any 2 fighters to make 1 superfighter....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burning Desire View Post
    No because Floyd Mayweather at the higher weightclasses rarely leads, and he doesn't lead because he can't stand toe to toe with the bigger fighters, who are stronger than him.

If he had Manny Pacquiao's attack/offense he would be leading much more, taking more chances which in turn would leave himself much more vunerble. Because Floyd Mayweather relies alot on his defense at the higher weight classes.

Just imagine if he had Manny Pacquiao's type of mindset to start brawling, fighters like ODLH at Jr Middleweight or ETC. I don't think he would be effective but thats just my opinion, im not trying to nit-pick your choice. Thats your opinion which is fine im just bringing up a interesting point. But i agree about the willingness to fight anyone attitude, i'd love to see that
    Do you still believe at this stage that Manny is a brawler?
    Today's Pacquiao got a decent offense not to leave himself to open when he attack like you say.. He is now patience on his attack and combining his shot with great angles... Pac with Floyd's defense is unbeatable even he fights bigger guys like he always do and came on top after the fights...

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
      Do you still believe at this stage that Manny is a brawler?
      Today's Pacquiao got a decent offense not to leave himself to open when he attack like you say.. He is now patience on his attack and combining his shot with great angles... Pac with Floyd's defense is unbeatable even he fights bigger guys like he always do and came on top after the fights...
      Manny Pacquiao is a much improved fighter, and no i don't consider him a brawler. I now consider him a boxer/puncher but he is still wild, and he can be hit and he is always mostly leading/attacking.

I don't think Floyd Mayweather would still be undefeated if he had Manny Pacquiao's mind set of leading/attacking. He would of lost against Jose Luis Castillo, ODLH, IMO.

Just like Manny Pacquiao wouldn't be as effective if he had Floyd Mayweather's mind set. Of fighting on the backfoot Manny Pacquiao comes forward to get the momentum going. And to get full power into his shots.

Can you imagine if Manny Pacquiao would of fought on the backfoot, against Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barerra ? the reason he won these fights is because he comes forward and he is a non stop punching manchine.

And the reason Floyd Mayweather is still undefeated at the higher weightclasses, is because he doesn't lead he fights on the backfoot. Uses his superior defense and his countering skills.

I honestly don't think the two fighters combined, would be as effective as people think but thats just my opinion.
      Last edited by Burning Desire; 02-04-2009, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Klitschko and Pacquiao = monster heavyweight

Klitschko for enormous power, size, and boxing ability.
        Pacquiao for blinding speed, crazy footwork, chin, and non stop punching action.

Comment

my dream fight

to be quite honest id like to see mayweather vs calzaghe for to reasons we all no floyd has never really taken a beating and again we no calzaghe throws about 8million punches a round lol and id like to see if calzaghes work rate could defeat mayweathers defence and technical skill or maybe on of them fight mike tyson the night he made a joke of trevor berbick

Comment

Juan Manual Marquez + Oscar Dela Hoya = the ultimate gay fighter wearing fishnets.. I keed, I keed..

Or maybe Butterbean + James Toney = their combined appetites would be awesome..

But seriously, Sweet Pea + Shannon Briggs...

Comment

Peter Manfredo Jr. + Sergio Medina = Greatest fighter ever

Comment

In all seriousness I would combine Valuev + Floyd Mayweather. I would only take Valuev's size of course.

Comment

This one as been done before but all in good fun i guess..

Im gonna have

Gary Lockett and Michael Jennings

Westen supermare's favourite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by BULLIT View Post
                    who would you combine?
                    Chris John with Hamed punching power... Would be unstoppable...

Comment

Ali and Joe Louis

Comment

Working...
                      X