No announcement yet.

Barrera questions marquez' sudden power in pacquiao fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrera questions marquez' sudden power in pacquiao fight

Three-time world champion, Mexico’s genuine legend Marco Antonio Barrera has questioned the suddenly acquired power in the punch of Juan Manuel Marquez following his crushing 6th round knockout of Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas last December 8.

In a wide-ranging conversation with the Manila Standard in Cebu City where he watched the WBO world light flyweight title fight between champion Donnie Nietes and Mexico’s WBO minimum weight champion Moises Fuentes who trained in Barrera’s gym in Mexico and is managed by his brother Jorge Barrera, the “Baby Faced Assassin” said it was “a big surprise, a big surprise.”

Barrera told us “when Marquez dropped Pacquiao I said it's terrible because he (Marquez) has no good punch. When he dropped Pacquiao in the 3rd round I said what happened?”

Barrera lamented the fact that “the beautiful sport of boxing” has changed so much with the use of performance enhancing drugs and steroids by some fighters.

He said “now things are new” and at times when you see the fighter on the scales "you say oh my God what’s he doing?"

Referring to the Pacquiao fight where Marquez bulked up and was muscular without gaining weight Barrera said “I don’t know what happened” even as he pointed out that “people see nothing (referring to the boxing commissions) and the doctor can put steroids in the body.”

He said such use of illegal drugs is unfair to fighters “when you are working very hard and do everything natural.”

Barrera reiterated his admiration for Pacquiao stating “I respect him because we fought twice and he beat me and I have no excuses. In the ring we are warriors but outside the ring we are close friends.”
    http://philboxing.com/news/story-81006.html

Oh look....philboxing.

Comment

Oh look....philboxing.

Comment

They question Marquez, just like they questioned Pacman. Irony..................

Comment

oh look...philboxing

Comment

Here we go again.

Power is a BORN ABILITY according to 99% on this board but suddenly you can gain power by using testosterone. That should mean you can increase power by practice.

Or are you saying a couple lbs of muscle mass is enough to suddenly become a power puncher?

If so hit the weight room.

Comment

Oh look....philboxing

Comment

Oh look, philboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  Oh look....philboxing.
                  Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  oh look...philboxing
                  Originally posted by RedDevil5 View Post
                  Oh look....philboxing
                  Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  Oh look, philboxing.
                  Lets keep it going.

Comment

I wish Barrera used his fcking head.

Look at the fight

Was marquez slow? Yes

Was he sluggish? Yes

were his reactions garbage? Pretty much (look at the beating he took before ko)

the reason for that was because he bulked up, he did that and then landed his perfect punch, he paid the price for gaining his power, he lost a lot of his speed and reactions for it and it paid off...simple as that

People needed to do this earlier to pac...his weakness is his defense, he is arguably the best offensive fighter ever, but in terms of his defense...even a slow ass hatton landed clean on him. Use that, take the punishment in hope of landing a big shot because you will have the chance to do it with him

Comment

Working...
                    X