Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    The difference is he'd be facing harder hitters. I'm far more confident with his chin at MW, SMW than i am at Light heavy.
    I say it depends on his opposition. I don't think Jones cleans house on the current SMW division. I think Froch Starch's him and Ward Decisions or TKO's him.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      I say it depends on his opposition. I don't think Jones cleans house on the current SMW division. I think Froch Starch's him and Ward Decisions or TKO's him.
      lol is all I can say

Comment

Answer to the original question = no, he could be beaten by some of the very elite (Monzon, maybe Hagler, as I don't recall Jones ever being very defensive at 160), and be in tough fights with not so elite guys... and let us not forget that a young Moore and young Charles would have easily made 160 in the era of 30hrs weigh in.

Comment

Just admit that you know very little about Roy Jones Jr's career. You're exposing that clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            lol is all I can say

My thoughts exactly. That really was stupid.

Comment

Roy Jones was the best 168lber ever, and it's not even close.

I think Andre Ward is a terrifc fighter, but he'd have been dominated by Roy. So, there's no need to even discuss how poorly Froch would do in there against him.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                lol is all I can say
                Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Just admit that you know very little about Roy Jones Jr's career. You're exposing that clearly.
                Oh it's hilarious that Froch would have been the biggest puncher RJJ would have ever faced and has an amazing chin, or that Wards skill set is lightyears beyond what RJJ ever had.

Just because I share a different opinion than you it must mean I don't know much about the great overrated RJJ. The dude isn't as good as people make him out to be.

Joe Calaghe > RJJ at SMW too imo. But I must not know much about boxing because my opinion differs.

Comment

Joe Calaghe > RJJ at SMW too imo. But I must not know much about boxing because my opinion differs.
                  I'd say so if you actually believe this.

Lacey and Kessler better than Hopkins and Toney?

Or do you mean only one on one? Do you seriously believe that Joe Calzaghe would OUTBOX a 1994 Roy Jones jr or are you predicting a Ko?
                  Last edited by res; 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                    I'd say so if you actually believe this.

Lacey and Kessler better than Hopkins and Toney?

Or do you mean only one on one? Do you seriously believe that Joe Calzaghe would OUTBOX a 1994 Roy Jones jr or are you predicting a Ko?
                    I didn't mention Lacey or Kessler. At the top there is Froch and Ward. We're talking SMW here, because it seemed as if the MW discussion was over. I believe Andre Ward is something truly special. Future legend of this sport when it's all said and done.

Joe Calzaghe is the better SMW all time, it aint got nothing to do with head to head. I could see Calzaghe winning though.
                    Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is the better SMW all time, it aint got nothing to do with head to head. I could see Calzaghe winning though.
                      That's what I thought you meant, which is why I was naming who I thought were Calzaghe's best wins at Super Middleweight (Lacy and Kessler)

Comment

Working...
                      X