No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Exactly ... the best Six rounds of the rivalry.

Both demonstrated a willingness to do battle and go all out. JMM was just landing the better placed shots, while Pac was landing the most.

Like I stated in the ******ed NSB:

Pac is an ALL-TIME GREAT!!!!!

JMM is an ALL-TIME GREAT!!!!!

These things happen when the great ones do battle ....
    I was surprised that both were SO hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
      Marquez would win via KO again.
      Then Pac should fight him when he is 45.

Comment

On topic : Earlier today I made the very bold prediction that Marquez would drop Pacquiao in this fight with his right hand. I had noticed how strongly it was landing in their third fight and how it kept pushing Manny back on his heels. The only problem was that Marquez wasn't committing to it enough. Given Marquez's claims of fighting a more aggressive fight, I then made the prediction that this would be the fight in which Marquez would put Pacquiao on the canvas.

Only problem is that I didn't expect it to be for 5 minutes.

You could tell from the outset of the fight that Marquez was looking for the KO. He wasn't desperate, but he was sitting down on his punches much more, and using his feints to set up really powerful hooks to the body and head.

For his part, Pacquiao looked as impressive as I've seen him since the Cotto fight. His head and foot movement was fantastic, and he really seemed to be befuddling Marquez at times.

It was just a classic case of one guy getting too eager to pile on the damage and getting timed with a perfect power shot. Marquez was setting Pacquiao up for that right hand, and as Roy Jones noted, he had thrown it with conviction and missed moments before it finally landed. Similar to how Sergio Martinez was dialing it in on Paul Williams moments before that fight ended.

Given the past 8 years - It's satisfying as **** to be a Marquez fan tonight. He may not have gotten the decisions I felt he earned in fights 2 and 3, but he damn sure got the most emphatic victory in the entire series tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
          Then Pac should fight him when he is 45.
          I'm still pumped, man. What a finish and what a fight!!

Comment

What compounded the punch to a KO level was that Pac fully committed all his body weight when he jumped in .. making the punch that much more powerful.

Perfectly timed punch
            Yea that KO was a much Pacs doing as it was JMM's

The camera angle really made it look weird

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              I'm still pumped, man. What a finish and what a fight!!
              I dont think ill be sleeping tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I dont think ill be sleeping tonight
                Me either, I'm freakin watching the gif over and over until I can get a good copy of the fight.

Comment

Me either, I'm freakin watching the gif over and over until I can get a good copy of the fight.
                  This is exactly what im doing But the file is more then 11 gigs

Comment

Didn't think JMM would stop Pac that early. Oh well.

Walked away with more money out the house then I left with.

Got about $1600 coming in between now, and Friday after work.

Well worth the thread deletion, lol.

Comment

I am drinking some Tecates in honor of Juan. I have beena fan of both guys' careers but tonight, Juan gets to be the king.

I think Juan should retire if he is financially set. Nothing is bigger than this. Pacman, however, probably can't afford to retire yet, sad as it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X