No announcement yet.

Gracie: St. Pierre can't keep Shields down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gracie: St. Pierre can't keep Shields down

Georges St. Pierre has shown a variety of skills in his domination of the UFC welterweight division, but his ability to take down opponents and control them has perhaps been the most overwhelming part of his game.

Cesar Gracie does not think St. Pierre can control UFC 129 title challenger Jake Shields, though.

If Jake Shields finishes GSP, I will saw my right leg off on camera.

Buhleedat

Comment

I have a feeling hat GSP will not stop Shields at all, and it won't be a domination if he wins.
      Shields survived against Henderson's bombs, enough said.

He's also a wrestler/BJJ hybrid so I think he could pull a Koshcheck and actually nullify Pierre's wrestling.

Comment

The ONLY way that Shields could win this fight is by a flash KO and that is not happening.

No way in hell is Shields gonna sub GSP
        No way in hell is Shields gonna win a decision on GSP.
        No way in hell Shields keeps GSP on the ground(that is if he can take him down)

No way in hell Shields wins this fight.

Comment

Damn SHields is getting no respect around here lol Sure he might be feather fisted and he might not be the most exciting fighter out there. But he has some serious grappling skills....to say he CANT submit GSP is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
            Damn SHields is getting no respect around here lol Sure he might be feather fisted and he might not be the most exciting fighter out there. But he has some serious grappling skills....to say he CANT submit GSP is kind of ridiculous.
            WTF? Did anyone see how Shields dominated Dan HEnderson?/ He took Henderson down at will. IMO Henderson is much stronger than GSP and probably as good or better than GSP at wrestling. I would not be surprised if Shields dominates GSP on the gorund and even submits him!! Shields is a very high level grappler!!

Comment

Shields can do it, he fought and beat some big names at 185 before. I think however GSP will win by UD but I don't think GSP will have a easy night.

Comment

Originally posted by General24 View Post
                WTF? Did anyone see how Shields dominated Dan HEnderson?/ He took Henderson down at will. IMO Henderson is much stronger than GSP and probably as good or better than GSP at wrestling. I would not be surprised if Shields dominates GSP on the gorund and even submits him!! Shields is a very high level grappler!!
                Hendo's wrestling credentials really don't transfer over to MMA. He gets taken down alot more than most wrestler and by people who have way less wrestling ability. GSP is the best mma wrestler in the sport. He'll pick Jake apart on the feet and stuff his takedown attempts all night....

Comment

gotta disagree with gracie, i don't see shields beating GSP at all...hopefully it's an interesting fight, but i don't see GSP losing this one.

Comment

I think Sheilds has a better chance against Anderson to be honest. His wrestling is good enough to hold Silva down and his Jiu Jitsu is good enough not to get Sonnened....

Comment

Working...
                    X