Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Bloody and Bruised, Overcomes Clottey in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good close fight, I think the cut on Cottos eye affected him alot from the head-butt Clottey gave him. I think Cotto retaliated with a body slam because of that nasty cut.

Comment

Good close fight, I think the cut on Cottos eye affected him alot from the head-butt Clottey gave him. I think Cotto retaliated with a body slam because of that nasty cut.

Comment

This could have gone either way but I had it
        Round 1 9-9
        Round 2 10-9 Clottey
        Round 3 9-10 Cotto
        Round 4 9-10 Cotto
        Round 5 10-9 Clottey
        Round 6 9-10 Cotto
        Round 7 10-9 Clottey
        Round 8 10-9 Clottey
        Round 9 10-9 Clottey
        Round 10 10-9 Clottey
        Round 11 9-10 Cotto
        Round 12 9-10 Cotto
        114-113 Clottey
        Cotto showed incredible Heart, He is definitely a warrior. He also showed good footwork in the later rounds. Clottey should have turned it up a notch in rds 11 and 12. But there was no way Clottey was going to win a close decision in MSG. All in all a GREAT fight tho!

Comment

i feel for clottey...i feel he should have been the winner of that fight...not a robbery ;very close exciting fight but clottey should have won...(not a clottey fan)

Comment

that fight was bull****

176 to 222 in punches landed and clottey had a higher punch percentage

last i checked thats how you win a boxing match

also you couldn't bodyslam or rabbit punch ur opponent then low blow him

i could see if maybe the fight was closer but 117-111 and 112-116 that fight was bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete Punch View Post
              He's a dirty fighter, ***** made! Bull **** decision. No wonder he only fights in NYC on the eve of the parade. Margarito makes him quit again and mayweather puts on a fuken clinic on cotto. This should put the hype to an end. Cotto=over rated running *****! I
              NO!! Margarita is a dirty fighter. Cotto won by a round imo. Cotto took the 12 and dropped him in the first. Margarita is the cheated not Cotto. COTTO IS A WARRIOR not a piece of **** like arg. Get your facts straight hater. Cotto won and there isnt a damn thing that you can do about it.

Comment

I had it 8 rounds to 4, clottey.

Cotto only won 1. 4. 6. 12 in my eyes. The possibility of the 11th (the only spin round imo), where they both landed 19 punches... but clotteys 3 right hands at the last 30 seconds were the most meaningful and won him that round for me.

How did the guy above me score 10th for cotto? wtf? That was one of clotteys bst rounds LOL. You're one of the clowns who scored the 10th for cotto because of the 2 left hooks at the end, huh?

Compubox had him landing 7 to clotteys 19 that round.. no way he won that round.

Comment

Originally posted by tunayflip View Post
                  that fight was bull****

i could see if maybe the fight was closer but 117-111 and 112-116 that fight was bull****
                  you have to remember the fight is score round by round clottey could of landed 100 punches in one round and landed 10 on the other 11 rounds and cotto could of landed 15 every round. clottey would have 200 punches at the end of the fight and cotto 180

Comment

Damn boxingscene crashes after every good fight. My heart literally stopped when he was about to announce. Clottey let it slip, got beat by a one eyed fighter on reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by tunayflip View Post
                      that fight was bull****

you have to remember the fight is score round by round clottey could of landed 100 punches in one round and landed 10 on the other 11 rounds and cotto could of landed 15 every round. clottey would have 200 punches at the end of the fight and cotto 180 !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X