No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume in your opinion; Calzaghe or Tua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
    if you're calling it a slight edge, then why does that one crazy fanatic tua fan hate calzaghe so much. Is it because Calzaghe is a white man who succeeded in the boxing world? And tua didn't even win the fights against tough competition.
    Tua only lost to the best but atleast he stepped into the ring against them. He was also a very avoided fighter in this prime so he never reached the potential that he should have. And Tua has probably the best chin in boxing and the sickest left hook. Calzaghe never fought any great prime fighters and right after he broke free from his manager(warren) he vowed to fight the best fighters that Warren would never set him up with. but then he fights 43 year old hopkins and 40 year old Jones and retires. Even Warren set him up with more live fighters.

There is much more to like about Tua than Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      hasim rahman?

sure, hopkins and kessler for starters.
      I'll go as far as saying Jeff Lacy is a better fighter and better win then Rahman. Lacy has never been ko'd and shows way more talent then hasim rahman has ever had. Heavyweight division is a joke, that is why calzaghe should be easily winning this poll. But I guess since so many ppl hate calzaghe they'll just vote for tua.

Tua even drew with Rahman in the rematch, what a joke... The heavyweight division is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        Tua only lost to the best but atleast he stepped into the ring against them. He was also a very avoided fighter in this prime so he never reached the potential that he should have. And Tua has probably the best chin in boxing and the sickest left hook. Calzaghe never fought any great prime fighters and right after he broke free from his manager(warren) he vowed to fight the best fighters that Warren would never set him up with. but then he fights 43 year old hopkins and 40 year old Jones then retires. Even Warren set him up with more live fights.

There is much more to like about Tua than Calzaghe.
        hopkins was 42, jones was 39. love how people NEED to add a year to their age to emphesize the point.

Comment

hasim rahman?

sure, hopkins and kessler for starters.
          really. you think 43 year old hopkins and Kessler who hasn't accomplished anything thus far, are better wins then a KO over a prime Rahman? Rahman went on to KO Lewis don't forget. Not to mention that Calzaghe "barely" etched out a win over old man hopkins. I'm not saying that the Rahman win is super great, but it is a better win than Calzaghe's best win.

Comment

hopkins was 42, jones was 39. love how people NEED to add a year to their age to emphesize the point.
            ok well, same thing. how many fighters has hopkins and jones fought that were in their 40's or even close to? cuz you know that hops and jones would have been eaten alive by boxing fans if they ever even stepped into the ring against past prime or shot fighters which they never did. And thats something that Tua never did either.

Comment

I'll go as far as saying Jeff Lacy is a better fighter and better win then Rahman. Lacy has never been ko'd and shows way more talent then hasim rahman has ever had. Heavyweight division is a joke, that is why calzaghe should be easily winning this poll. But I guess since so many ppl hate calzaghe they'll just vote for tua.

Tua even drew with Rahman in the rematch, what a joke... The heavyweight division is laughable.
              really?.........really????

do you not see your own biased for Calzaghe man. You are saying that Lacy is a better win than Rahman. This is the kind of thing that has so many posters in this forum hating on Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                really?.........really????

do you not see your own biased for Calzaghe man. You are saying that Lacy is a better win than Rahman. This is the kind of thing that has so many posters in this forum hating on Calzaghe.
                Lacy is the next Mike Tyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Easily Calzaghe does in my opinion, and that one user who hates on calzaghe is a huge tua fan... What a crock of ****, tuas best win is hasim rahman most likely.
                  lol

i'm a fan of tua because i liked watching him fight.

NOT because he was the greatest.

NOT because he was the best.

NOT because he was undefeated.

a fighter doesn't have to be any of those things for a fan to like him.

if you say your a fan of calzaghe that's fine.

just don't say he's the greatest because he beat roy and bernard.

Comment

Joe slaps old men around

Tua is fat with a dope haircut

tua > joe

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      lol

i'm a fan of tua because i liked watching him fight.

NOT because he was the greatest.

NOT because he was the best.

NOT because he was undefeated.

a fighter doesn't have to be any of those things for a fan to like him.

if you say your a fan of calzaghe that's fine.

just don't say he's the greatest because he beat roy and bernard.

Tua,the man is obsessed with you,he dedicated a thread to your favorite fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X