Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you love Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walked into a boxing gym when I was about 11 years old and heard the sounds, sights and smells of the gym and wanted nothing more than to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
      For me it is the only sport where it is 1 on 1 and you determine your own destiny. During training you get a chance to know you,how far you can go,you know your limits. Boxing in it's essence is pure and beautiful.

It's a science and an art.

Boxers have skill and craft honed from hours of hard labour.

Its the most cut throat sport its the epitomy of any sport.

As much as its corrupt once the two guys get in the ring the truth will be told and theres no one to hide.

These guys we see at the top have something inside them that others don't and its admirable.

Guys who play other sports such as Freddie Flintoff and already Seth Mitchell feel that boxing is still the ultimate achievement they can gain. Even after the things they have achieved in their own sport.

The fact that every man wants to know he can fight and win as its in our nature as hunter gatherers.

You can't beat fight night the electricity of a bitter feud about to be settled.

These are the reasons I love boxing.

Comment

When I was 14, I heard of a boxing gym down town from my cousins. They were going there for sometime and I decided to go. As soon as I started I loved it from the get go. Like the previous poster says. The sights the smell. I used to love going home and be feeling dead tired. I love that feeling of accomplishment. I boxed for a few years and then I stopped because I started going to trade school far away.

Now I watch it because it's not only entertaining, but it's an emotional sport. There's no one else to blame but yourself if you lose. I like the one on one warrior type of aspect of it. I love seeing how people are encouraged to dig deep. The stories behind some of the boxers are great. What they had to do to get to where they are, or where they came from inspires me.

I have nothing but respect for any man that steps in the ring.

Comment

Boxing brings me back home to Puerto Rico, when I saw my first boxing match on TV (Camacho vs Chapo) with my father and his drunk ass friends when I took a sip of my first beer (Medalla) a bunch of Puerto Ricans yelling and screaming "Igado Igado".

Comment

gingerbreadman; it IS chess................it just adds Consequences to the game that could Hurt!! HA!!

Personally I loved boxing in my youth because I loved to fight!!

...as a trainer and gym owner I was able to help youth learn how to respect themselves so they understand the rights of others. A clean mind and body is the ultimate high in life, theres nothing better. Ray.

Comment

No sport has such a good blend of skill, will, brain and brawn as boxing does. It's the ultimate challenge man against man ,and watching the fighters be so slick in such a high octane environment is something to behold as is the dedication required to fight at such a high level.

It's also the best sport I've ever participated in and the history is filled with interesting facts and anecdotes.

Comment

i love the respect.. Like when guys beat the hell out of eachother for 12 rounds and embrace one another as soon as the 12th rd bell rings.

Comment

no timeouts, no team mates, no halftime, no rest between quarters, its one on one, man to man, no one in there can help you but you.

being a warrior and testing the character of another man, as well as you're own, is something very few will understand unless they do it.

boxing is a tight knit fraternity, and only fighters understand the mentality and the will it takes to step into that squared circle. those on the sideline will always say they have what it takes, and can do it if they tried, but very few have the necessary fortitude to actually get in there and have your will tested

i fuckin LOVE this sport!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    gingerbreadman; it IS chess................it just adds Consequences to the game that could Hurt!! HA!!

Personally I loved boxing in my youth because I loved to fight!!

...as a trainer and gym owner I was able to help youth learn how to respect themselves so they understand the rights of others. A clean mind and body is the ultimate high in life, theres nothing better. Ray.
                    You play? (chess, I mean)

Always bugs me a little when the term "chess match" is used. Yeah, I get what people mean, but chess has as much variety within the game itself style-wise as boxing does in the ring. But still boxing > chess.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                      Because boxing is the ultimate redemption story. Boxing doesn't care if you're rich, poor, young, old, tall, short, fat, skinny, black, white, Jewish, muslim, christian, a genius, an illiterate, (and now) a man, woman, gay, or straight.

If you've got the determination to put in the work, the bravery to partake in an act that may, hurt, disfigure, possibly kill you, and likely disable you. The heart to take punishment and accept that you'll earn a living with your hands. The mental fortitude to understand that you are partaking in the most unnatural act of taking pain as well as inflicting pain.

And then have the courage to shake your opponents hand (win or lose) in the ultimate fraternal understanding?

Thats why I love Boxing.
                      i like this answer

Comment

Working...
                      X