Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't people keeping the same energy for Charlo-Cota as they were for GGG-Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't people keeping the same energy for Charlo-Cota as they were for GGG-Vanes?

GGG-Vanes
    GGG's opponent has to back out of the fight a month before the fight. GGG takes a late replacement to keep the fight date.

Charlo-Harrison
    Charlo's opponent has to back out of the fight 3 weeks before the fight. Charlo takes on Cota as Harrison's replacement.

Not to mention that Vanes is a couple levels above Cota.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that Cota-Charlo is a bad fight. But no one is getting on Charlo for this fight, like some people on here were getting on GGG for the Vanes fight.

Can someone break it down for me why that is? Seems a little hypocritical, like some people almost have a clear bias for or against some fighters and don't treat them equally. Strange.

Because hes black and the majority of posters here are black.

Comment

You just said it yourself. Everyone agrees it’s a crap fight

The gennady groupies tried to convince us how vanes was a credible fight, after moving up in weight and being retired for 3 years

Comment

Cota is a whole lot worse even. I'm sure they could have found a better replacement somewhere right?

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          You just said it yourself. Everyone agrees it’s a crap fight

The gennady groupies tried to convince us how vanes was a credible fight, after moving up in weight and being retired for 3 years
          Can you find a post or two where people said it was a great fight? Seemed like at best anyone I saw said it was a good fill in on short notice, and I agreed with that.

Much better fight than Cota. Vanes was a legit fighter. Was inactive and it was his first fight at 160...but he looked fine in there, got outlanded heavy in round 1 like most do when they face GGG. But many gave Vanes the 1st round because he landed the best combo at the end of the round that stunned GGG.

Also his last fight before GGG was 2 years not 3..why lie about that unless one has a vested interest in trying to make the fight out to be bad/hate on GGG, regardless of whether there is any truth in it.

Wish people on here kept it more real about the analysis of fights/fighters...root for whoever you want but at the end of the day credit should be given where it is due. Some people are so threatened by GGG it's crazy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            GGG-Vanes
            GGG's opponent has to back out of the fight a month before the fight. GGG takes a late replacement to keep the fight date.

Charlo-Harrison
            Charlo's opponent has to back out of the fight 3 weeks before the fight. Charlo takes on Cota as Harrison's replacement.

Not to mention that Vanes is a couple levels above Cota.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that Cota-Charlo is a bad fight. But no one is getting on Charlo for this fight, like some people on here were getting on GGG for the Vanes fight.

Can someone break it down for me why that is? Seems a little hypocritical, like some people almost have a clear bias for or against some fighters and don't treat them equally. Strange.
            Maybe because GGG was the unified champ and he swerved his mandatory. Which was a much better fight

Comment

Originally posted by Worick View Post
              Because hes black and the majority of posters here are black.
              Lol well I guess that is blunt. I too am blunt in general so no argument from me on this one. I fear you may be right unfortunately.

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Cota is a whole lot worse even. I'm sure they could have found a better replacement somewhere right?
              Yes Vanes was at least always on the same level with any top guy he faced, even if he couldn't quite get the job done. Cota has proven to not be able to compete at that top level.

Honestly I feel bad for guys trying to find a late replacement through no fault of their own - must be tough to switch it up in camp on short notice - I'm sure though that Hurd, Lara, etc will be asked if they would fill in and they would all say yes. Would probably delay the fight date though.

But yeah not a good fight at all. Vanes had at least never been outclassed before - can't say that about Cota. I don't follow the 2nd or 3rd tier that much at 154 but I imagine they can find someone better than him for this one, I hope so.

Comment

1 charlo is not a champion...he was the challenger
                2 charlo is not p4p rated

and no one is really trying to legitimize this charlo fight either

Comment

The fight was just announced a few hours ago. Can you point me to the post where people are calling Charlo-Cota a good fight like GGG Stan’s were saying about GGG-Vanes?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Maybe because GGG was the unified champ and he swerved his mandatory. Which was a much better fight
                    So if Hurd or Lara comes out and say they would fill in on that date, you would give Charlo sh.it then?

Not sure how people can really hate on a guy wanting to keep the original fight date in May when his opponent pissed dirty, and when the rematch would be a few months later in September, in a grudge match, big payday, legacy fight.

The Dervy fight would not have happened on May 5th...would have aged GGG another year without a fight, no Canelo rematch in September, would have been another 6 months older for that fight, through no fault of his own.

Don't really see the logical angle of people hating on him at all for that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X