Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn is Firm: Wilder Doesn't Deserve 50-50 For Joshua Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    Wow........All those links just to show me Wilder accepted the deal verbally on social media. I didn’t deny that. Like you said they didn’t have the location or date that’s why they didn’t sign. Ok cool even though Team Wilder signed with Fury with no location or date.However, you are right Team AJ were cowards you still are yet to tell me about offers after that initial offer. Or let me guess Team Joshua are still scared so they keep making offers? You can’t base your entire argument on what Team Joshua done in September and refuse to acknowledge gallant attempts on their part to make the fight now. Well you can because you are lol

Even by your own admission if they offer Wilder 35% then I will concede they want the fight and Deontay should accept, now you are babbling on about the past and not acknowledging what you said. Do you need your post sent back to you as a remainder?

So let’s conclude team AJ were scared to fight last year , Deontay wants 50 percent this year. Your thoughts, that’s all

my thoughts are..... that you are just another excuse-making muppet.....

you are the same excuse-making muppet that you (rightly) accuse Golovkin fans of being

the difference between us is..... I always keep it 100% real, no matter whether I like the fighter or not

this is the situation.....

1) Joshua blatantly avoided that fight on at least TWO occasions in 2018..... that is a fact, and nothing will change that fact

2) Wilder has moved on..... he does not give a shlt about Joshua, and he does not give a shlt about that fight..... after all of the lowballing, pen-losing, and lies..... he will re-enter negotiations, but only on his terms..... which is exactly how you should treat a party who has PROVEN themselves disingenuous

3) imho, he is only worth 40% (at MOST)..... but I am not stupid/knowledgeable enough to tell a grown man what he should do with his career..... that is what Haymon/Espinoza/Finkel are for..... and I would trust any of those guys over the team who offered me 12m, if I was Wilder

4) imho, he should accept 35%..... but I am not stupid enough to..... (see #3, you get the drift)

5) you will NEVER need to remind me what I have said..... which is one of the advantages of ALWAYS keeping it real

you are doing EXACTLY the same thing for Joshua, that you criticize Golovkin fans for doing for him

also.....

my opinion on what Wilder should accept, is completely irrelevant..... because, FACT: Wilder accepted their 15m lowball, and they still REFUSED to sign..... so, it does not matter what Wilder accepts if the other party have no intention of fighting..... and Wilder no longer cares to find out, he has moved on

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
      Who is a bigger draw in his country? Canelo? Anyone else? Not really.

Wilder stars in a popular reality show. Wilder has 1.7 million followers. Wilder consistently does around a million viewers on Showtime, by far their biggest draw. Wilder has done millions of viewers when he's fought on NBC and FOX. He just made his PPV debut against a non-PPV fighter and did over 325,000 buys at $75 a pop (the equivalent of 1 million buys in the UK).
      last time i checked america has 369 million population and the uk has 69 million....1 million viewers on free T.V Do you have any idea how many use to watch larry holmes , mike tyson and evander holyfield when they were heavyweights lol....because he stars in a reality show GTFOH you complete mug....take a walk down 7th avenue NYC and go ask joe public do they know who wilder is ...325k against a non ppv fighter .......excuse me but wilder was a non ppv fighter to and with help of tyson fury they managed 325k .....thats pathetic for a world heavyweight world title fight with a population of 369 million...joshua doe's 1.5 1.8 million now imagine how many joshua would do if the population was the same .. 8 or 9 million buys lol....you really are scraping the barrell now.
      Nobody knows who wilder is and its pathetic
      Last edited by The plunger man; 03-31-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

More people would see the fight if it was on PPV and the fighters would make more money if it was on PPV.

So why should the fighters want to be seen by fewer people and make less money?
        Who says they would esrn more ? Will the fight do a million ? 1 million buys only makes it 75 milllion then you half that which is 37.5 million between both fighters....wilder was offered 40 million alone to face joshua lol.....to equal or better what they were offere the fight has to do 2 million buys ....is that what your saying dummy that wider and joshua will sell 2 million buys on showtime ?
        Again you really do need to leave this forum because you are a complete lunatic lol

Comment

By your standards, nobody knows who any American boxer is then. And how exactly is that wilder's fault.
          Stop trying to polish a turd its that simple and the yiu wont keep getting put into place by me.
          Blame america becaue its a place that no longer considers boxing a main stream sport....why do yiu think HBO HAS PULLED THE PLUG NOW ON PPV......its cooked its goose son

Comment

Showtime believes the fight will do 1.5 million buys and they're willing to put up the guarantees.

No, you don't half. PBC PPVs are a 70/30 split with the providers, not 50/50.
            1.5 million will still not equal the purses of joshua and wilder on DAZN....they think it will do them numbers thats it lol.....and why would joshua fight fight on PBC EVENT after what they did to fury lol.....joshua is the main draw and has 3 belts
            PBC IS chicken feed to DAZN NOW and that why canelo and joshua are both on it.
            Joshua will make 32 million against miller lol...how much will wider get for beazeale on pbc ? 3 million lol

Comment

Showtime believes the fight will do 1.5 million buys and they're willing to put up the guarantees.

No, you don't half. PBC PPVs are a 70/30 split with the providers, not 50/50.
              so ppv is 70/30 is PBC 70/30 showtime ? What about losing 50% directly to comcast or warner brothers ? Thats standard before even the networks get involved lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                so ppv is 70/30 is PBC 70/30 showtime ? What about losing 50% directly to comcast or warner brothers ? Thats standard before even the networks get involved lol

Joshua swerved Wilder even worse than Hypekin swerved Ward

trust you to sit there spouting numbers and making dumb excuses

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Wladimir Klitschko's entire run was mis-sold to the fans. What's your point?
                  That's a big old deflection and not particularly relevant or true.

Point is if you believe Fury ain't lineal then Wilders proved to be lying and a pattern is appearing. Not the people's champ after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    $5m on the Breazeale fight, 40% on the Joshua fight, 50% on a Joshua rematch, and then Wilder-TBA is likely worth more than the $100m in TV money as is.

That's what folks don't comprehend; if Wilder handles his business, the money he'd get is already what's been offered.

I don't know if you follow the NFL, but it's like Kirk Cousins; was consistently good over his rookie deal, didn't get the contract offer that he wanted so he played on the 'franchise tag', had another good year, only to get franchise tagged again (with a bump in his pay), and played well again.

Even with the risk of playing on the franchise tagged (a one-year deal with no guaranteed money), Cousins still negotiated tough; the franchise tag was going to basically give him a 30% raise for each season, so any should pay him at least that much (which he basically was finally able to get for a three-year deal all guaranteed).

If the money is basically the same if you handle business, why give up freedom?
                    Boxing is different though. One big loss can sink Wilder, two would for sure. A football player has to perform, but he also has a team to help support him. Wilder's team can't get in the ring with him. We all know that he's a limited fighter who relies heavily on that big right hand. His career success is largely due to facing bums. A 39 year old and a former champ three years removed gave him great difficulty. If and when he faces someone that not only negates that sole weapon but also beats him soundly, who will invest big $$$ in him? Also of note is the fact that Espinoza made the vague statement of offering Him "nearly" the same money for fighting Breazeale that DAZN did. However, there was no mention of a huge contract encompassing other fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      Boxing is different though. One big loss can sink Wilder, two would for sure. A football player has to perform, but he also has a team to help support him. Wilder's team can't get in the ring with him. We all know that he's a limited fighter who relies heavily on that big right hand. His career success is largely due to facing bums. A 39 year old and a former champ three years removed gave him great difficulty. If and when he faces someone that not only negates that sole weapon but also beats him soundly, who will invest big $$$ in him? Also of note is the fact that Espinoza made the vague statement of offering Him "nearly" the same money for fighting Breazeale that DAZN did. However, there was no mention of a huge contract encompassing other fights.
                      theres probably nobody in the HW division with the ability to "negate that sole weapon" better than fury....and he was on the canvas twice.....and looked like he might be done for the 2nd time.....

and that 39 year old guy still doesnt have any of the other top HWs lining up to fight him despite the fact thats hes seen good exposure on the showtime network over the last couple of years

so thats a big "IF" as you stated....

espinoza doesnt have to mention any "huge contract" encompassing other fights....if brezeale beat wilder on DAZN he wasnt going to be getting no 40 mil to fight AJ next lol....thats just fantasy......all wilder has to do is take care of the brezeale business, like he would have had to do anyway, and hes in no different position.....he can go to AJ and try to make a fight...he can go to fury also......wilder just has to win and the business/money fights will come because there is a demand for them

trust this...finkel, haymon and espinoza are much smarter than any of us...theyve done deals we will never get a whiff of...they have had success we can only dream of.....wilder is happy and confident in them.....no reason to believe the armchair quarterbacks(us) should believe we know better than them

Comment

Working...
                      X