Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Has No Problem Breaking 'The Rock' Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner has a few defensive lapses which are concerning, Rees hit him clean to the head with a few right hands and lefts. He also hit him with some good body shots.

Broner shook them off and then dominated, but Rees isn't a puncher. You have to wonder what happens if those punches are landed by someone like Matthysse...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Now is the time to take him deep in a fight and have a chance to test him. By the time this kid is 26yrs old he maybe untouchable for years!! Ray
      What did you think about his loose defense? Is it something his trainer will address?

Comment

w/just over 4k present in an over 14k sat place, Broner handled this setup well...never threatened or hurt...defense is nothing 2 write home about but he has great talent...he must use it vs the top in his division, soon...

Comment

V proud of Rees, showed massive heart.

Kudos to Lockett for the game plan which first 2 rounds showed plenty of *****s in Broner's style.

That being said, Rees never had the power to hurt Broner, Broner was too big and powerful so eventually this was always likely to happen. Broner a class act no doubt, but Rees tonight showed someone with speed and power that follows his game plan over the 1st two rounds can cause major problems for 'the problem'.

Broner class, class fighter but plenty to work on looking at tonight.

Comment

Okay Broner , I have an idea go and fight B. Rios or Richard Abril. Both of these guys can teach you to be a man.

Comment

But, I know Broner won't fight Abril because "his English is not a very good looking" like Broner said about Gamboa, this is the most stupid comment for a boxer ever.
              I can't wait for a Latino to kick his a$$.

Comment

Broner has too much speed and power for guys around his weight. There are some challenges at 140, but those guys can't box and that is the is the difference between Broner and the guys at 135 and 140. Broner can brawl, and box...the other guys can't. Matthysse can't box, Garcia can't box, and Rios can't box which is why imo he beats those guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                  I thought much the same. Am I the only one a little worried with how easily it looked to hit Broner? I mean, if Rees would have been a bigger, stronger opponent, that may have presented problems. Should Broner move up in weight, he's going to meet guys that put something behind that.

Does anyone have his post-hydration weight? He looked about 160 in there.

I would also love to see people stop with the head-shaking "that didn't hurt" garbage. For crying out loud stop stealing Ali's bit. Mayweather does it too, and it does nothing to affect the mind of the opponent.
                  Broner has always looked that easy to hit. That shouldn't come as a shock. Just because he tries to look like Mayweather doesn't mean he has the same defense.

Comment

The one thing that you guys will never know about boxers and defense is that the good to great fighters make a choice as to when and where to get hit, who to get hit by, who can hurt you, and who can't.

It's something you will never be able to pick up as an armchair fan. Broner knew he couldn't let DeMarco land, because DeMarco had power. Broner knew Rees couldn't hurt him which is why he walked the smaller Rees down rather than counter punch him. Some of you will never be able to understand how to judge a fighters defense. It's fun arguing with those types too. The "if Broner had been in with so and so and so and so hitting Broner" scenario is laughable.

Each fight is different. It's easy to replace names to fit your criteria/agenda, but the true boxing fan understands this a bit more after he has talked to professional fighters who let you into their world. See, had that been Broner hitting Rios instead of Abril, or Broner hitting Garcia instead of Khan, or Broner hitting Mattysse instead of Alexander. See, easily done lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      The one thing that you guys will never know about boxers and defense is that the good to great fighters make a choice as to when and where to get hit, who to get hit by, who can hurt you, and who can't.

It's something you will never be able to pick up as an armchair fan. Broner knew he couldn't let DeMarco land, because DeMarco had power. Broner knew Rees couldn't hurt him which is why he walked the smaller Rees down rather than counter punch him. Some of you will never be able to understand how to judge a fighters defense. It's fun arguing with those types too. The "if Broner had been in with so and so and so and so hitting Broner" scenario is laughable.

Each fight is different. It's easy to replace names to fit your criteria/agenda, but the true boxing fan understands this a bit more after he has talked to professional fighters who let you into their world. See, had that been Broner hitting Rios instead of Abril, or Broner hitting Garcia instead of Khan, or Broner hitting Mattysse instead of Alexander. See, easily done lol.
                      Thank you for that. I dont get how most of people don't understand this concept.

Comment

Working...
                      X