Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Of Ron Lyle KO'd Frazier? Did Frazier Avoid Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Of Ron Lyle KO'd Frazier? Did Frazier Avoid Him?

I think Lyle may have been in with a chance of knocking out Joe. Obvioulsey Joe has to be favoured. But with Frazier come foward style & Lyle KO power & size is this a recipe for disater for Joe?

Lyle would most certainly test Frazier chin.

And are the rumours true Joe ducked Lyle like the plague? I remember reading in a old Ring Magazine, Frazier didn't have much interest in Lyle, and the rumours at that time were Frazier didn't want nothing to do with Ron.

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
    I think Lyle may have been in with a chance of knocking out Joe. Obvioulsey Joe has to be favoured. But with Frazier come foward style & Lyle KO power & size is this a recipe for disater for Joe?

Lyle would most certainly test Frazier chin.

And are the rumours true Joe ducked Lyle like the plague? I remember reading in a old Ring Magazine, Frazier didn't have much interest in Lyle, and the rumours at that time were Frazier didn't want nothing to do with Ron.
    The best chance i would give Ron is dropping him a couple of times or outboxing him, but Frazier would catchup to him and beat the living hell out of him. It would have been a good fight. Lyle is one of my all time favorites and hes a swell guy to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      The best chance i would give Ron is dropping him a couple of times or outboxing him, but Frazier would catchup to him and beat the living hell out of him. It would have been a good fight. Lyle is one of my all time favorites and hes a swell guy to talk to.
      Would Joe be able to regain his senses after taking flush bombs from Lyle do man? Lyle seemed to have Foreman finished only for the bell to ring.

Comment

Would Joe be able to regain his senses after taking flush bombs from Lyle do man? Lyle seemed to have Foreman finished only for the bell to ring.
        I think the only way to KO Joe is to literally knock him unconcious. If Foreman was unable to KO him i dont think Lyle would. Frazier was faster then people think and his head movement makes him difficult to hit. The laser Accurate Ali had trouble. Even at 60+ years old he can still bob and weave

Comment

Well, Lyle's chin was never that good either so I think Joe would actually KO him and stop him late. Lyle might have some success early on in the fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
            Well, Lyle's chin was never that good either so I think Joe would actually KO him and stop him late. Lyle might have some success early on in the fight though.
            Yeah but I feel with Frazier's style, he walks onto some big power shots. George Foreman said Lyle's shots were so powerfull it was scary.

Would Joe be able to recover?

Comment

It's never a safe bet with Joe if the other guys only way to win is by knockout.

The man got up 6 times against Foreman in two rounds, I bet he would've gotten up more if the ref hadn't stopped it, I think we owe him more than that.

I COULD see Ron by TKO early-mid (ref stoppage of course. It's not going to be corner, that's for sure!). Not likely in my opinion, but it's possible. But if Frazier starts Smokin' then the only outcome I can see is Frazier by late KO.
              Last edited by Capaedia; 08-22-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The crucial thing here is if Ron Lyle is strong enough to push Frazier around like Foreman did illegally. I don't know if he is able to control Frazier and have him fighting backwards. Frazier certainly has the edge everywhere else i.e. skills, chin, heart etc.

Comment

Yeah but I feel with Frazier's style, he walks onto some big power shots. George Foreman said Lyle's shots were so powerfull it was scary.

Would Joe be able to recover?
                  Yeah, I would have more confidence in Frazier had he actually fought a guy like Shavers or Mac Foster, that way we could invest more in his chin.

I think Joe would recover, knowing joe's heart and will.

Comment

Having lived though that period I can tell you that there wasn't even a whisper about Frazier ducking Lyle. Frazier was considered heavyweight elite and could pick who he wanted at that point. Once Lyle was exposed by Quarry and was never considered as highly at that time as he is on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X