Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese boxer Kenichi Yamaguchi says he wants to learn the Filipino style of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire actually based himself off of Alexis Arguello.
    so he has a...Nicaraguan style!

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      Too bad filipinos are racist as **** and he ain't gon be able to find a decent trainer there.
      I dare you to see another group of people that assimilate in more countries than Filipinos. They've been a melting pot of SE Asia for centuries and are hardly the most nationalistic/racist group of people. One thing is for sure, they don't curb their mouths and will say crazy ****.

Comment

Real Filipino boxing (suntukan) consists of elbows and knives. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dcdc View Post
          lol, they get 2 good fighters who happen to be on the p4p list, who may i add aint even trained by filipinos and now they have a "style"?
          Donaire had been trained by his dad and pacquiao had already been a world champion under rod nazario before joining roach.

Other filipino title holders like donny nietes seem to follow the same power punching template

Comment

Donaires dad is a ****in welder ffs, and the pac guy, ye ok pac won a title but got ktfo..... hardly the mecca of boxing iIMO

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              Too bad filipinos are racist as **** and he ain't gon be able to find a decent trainer there.

I never met a racist filipino??

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                I never met a racist filipino??
                i'm kinda racist.

i don't like to hang out with makavelli because he's ilocano.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
                  fill me in on what the fuk filipino style is...
                  How would you ever know?, You ducked one.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=146636
                  Last edited by Chups; 03-03-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmen View Post
                    By Edri K. Aznar
                    Thursday, March 3, 2011

JAPANESE boxer Kenichi Yamaguchi is a big fan of Filipino fighters and wants to learn boxing the Filipino way.

“My goal for now is to win and learn more about Philippine boxing,” Yamaguchi said through an interpreter during his visit to Sun.Star Cebu yesterday.

“Boxers from the Philippines are different from the Japanese. They (Filipinos) punch harder,” Yamaguchi said.Although he is Japanese, he doesn’t look up to any of the boxers his country has produced and instead idolizes Manny Pacquiao and Nonito Donaire Jr.

“Boxing in Japan is not that good,” said the 30-year-old boxer who is 16-1. “Japanese boxers are not that strong. I went outside (of Japan) to look for better opponents.”

Even if he idolizes both Pacquiao and Donaire Jr., he doesn’t mimic either of their styles because he believes he has a style of his own.

“Manny Pacquiao is Manny Pacquiao and Donaire is Donaire. My technique is good and I have my own style and I won’t imitate (their styles) but learn from the good points of Pacquiao and Donaire,” he said.
                    Japanese Judo is the best. Filipino judokas has to go to Japan in order to have a legit opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                      How would you ever know?, You ducked one.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=146636
                      damn..pablo *****ed out

Comment

Working...
                      X