View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 PM #1508
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond reputeNick Name has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,670.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastrioti View Post
I don't know if you completely understood my post, or maybe I wasn't clear, but the whole point i was trying to make, was that physics as a whole, is NOT comprehensible by human logic. You can't just solve everything through thought experiment. We need math to interpret how the universe functions. We only know so much about physics because of the accumulation of mankind throughout history. If it was human logic, I would be able to understand all, or most fields of physics like the back of my hand.

Now, at the whole argument that you and squealpiggy are having, to objectively debate about the existence of a deity, is almost impossible. You must acknowledge that the concept of spirituality, and "god" is completely subjective.

I'm speaking from a completely objective point of view. The thing is, you're approaching this debate completely wrong. From the beginning you attempted to sway the odds in your favor by making claims that are clearly unscientific. You cannot talk about spirituality or "love" without acknowledging that your view on it is merely one of many. You're automatically on the losing side if you try to convince others with scientific data. It just won't happen. There just isn't any that is statistically significant.

What you SHOULD do, (in my opinion) is show how your beliefs and philosophies improve your moral values, and make you a better person and ultimately make you happier in life.That would be a much stronger point.
Good point there.

Jesus' words, (only if followed correctly and intelligently), prevent betrayals, killings, misdeeds, poverty, and all those sins that mortify the body and the spirit. Enough said.