No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn No Longer in the GRJ Sweepstakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn No Longer in the GRJ Sweepstakes

And apparently no deal is imminent with Mikey Garcia. So maybe both fighters threats in a way may have gotten them exactly what they wanted.

From Rafael:

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn told ESPN that he is no longer in talks for a deal with featherweight titlist Gary Russell Jr. (30-1, 18 KOs). Hearn lauded Russell’s talent but questioned his comittment to fighting more than once a year as he has been doing. Hearn also said that although he continues to stay in touch with Mikey Garcia (39-1, 30 KOs) and hopes to sign him he doesn't believe a deal is imminent. “We’ve been talking for a year,” Hearn said. “There’s nothing new.” Garcia, a former four-division titlist, is coming off a shutout loss to Errol Spence Jr., whom he jumped up two divisions to challenge for a welterweight belt in March.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    And apparently no deal is imminent with Mikey Garcia. So maybe both fighters threats in a way may have gotten them exactly what they wanted.

From Rafael:
    GRJ is probably better off going to TR on a 3-4 fight deal. Warrington or Valdez then 130 for Berchelt or Herring then the Loma showdown

Comment

Russell shows up once a year and makes over a million bucks for 8 weeks of work. He’s happy with that and doesn’t need to be a pawn in whatever games these promoters (Haymon included) have going on.

Comment

I heard GRJ has an illness which prevent him from fighting multiple times a year, don’t quote me as I can’t verify if that is the truth or not.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          GRJ is probably better off going to TR on a 3-4 fight deal. Warrington or Valdez then 130 for Berchelt or Herring then the Loma showdown
          Sign me up for that as well!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Sign me up for that as well!
            He said he wants to make a grip of cash and retire. That seems like the best plan. Of course berchelt will get him more scrilla than Herring. He can do that and walk off into the sunset

Comment

That'll take 4 years to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                That'll take 4 years to complete.
                Lol you could be right. Or he could put in 2 solid years and walk away but based on his track record I think u would be correct.

Comment

He said he wants to make a grip of cash and retire. That seems like the best plan. Of course berchelt will get him more scrilla than Herring. He can do that and walk off into the sunset
                  Dude gets paid regardless. I can't see him signing a three or four fight deal though. This isn't a man that will want to get pressured to fight more than he wants.

Either he gets Warrington or Valdez next or passes on TR. More likely he probably fights LSC or Tank next. If he can't get either then he TR becomes a bigger possibility IMO.

Comment

So Haymon got GRJ that TBA fight he wanted?

Comment

Working...
                    X