Fight Metric stats for Edgar Penn....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Metric stats for Edgar Penn....

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

That's all the proof you need right there. Penn should've kept his belt...

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

That's all the proof you need right there. Penn should've kept his belt...
    wow, by the looks of those stats, Penn won the fight.

But I don't know about those stats because it looked like Edgar controlled that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      wow, by the looks of those stats, Penn won the fight.

But I don't know about those stats because it looked like Edgar controlled that fight.
      I thought it was close. But I had Penn winning the first 3. The third round was really the toss up round IMO but stats dont lie Penn should've won. The worst thing about it is the dude who scored it 50-45 though. That's just pathetic..

Comment

I thought it was close. But I had Penn winning the first 3. The third round was really the toss up round IMO but stats dont lie Penn should've won. The worst thing about it is the dude who scored it 50-45 though. That's just pathetic..
        yeah, I was really surprised at that. I thought Penn had atleast the 2nd round. 1st and 3rd I gave it a slight edge to Edgar and 4th, 5th were clearly Edgar. I had it 4-1 for edgar.

But I don't know, appearances can be deceiving, those stats might be accurate.
        Last edited by -Swizzy-; 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Wow...this is about as ******ed as using total compubox stats to justify a case for a fighter.

Penn was completely embarassing and outclassing Edgar the first 2 rounds. But by rd 3 Edgar was dictating the pace of the fight with his movement, landing effectively, and avoiding penn's jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            Wow...this is about as ******ed as using total compubox stats to justify a case for a fighter.

Penn was completely embarassing and outclassing Edgar the first 2 rounds. But by rd 3 Edgar was dictating the pace of the fight with his movement, landing effectively, and avoiding penn's jabs.
            Looks like someone didnt read the report. It pretty much says that but give Penn round 3. Like alot of people did. Read before you hate buddy...

Comment

Looks like someone didnt read the report. It pretty much says that but give Penn round 3. Like alot of people did. Read before you hate buddy...
              not hating on who you thought won. Hating on the "this is the definitive proof that bj penn should have kept his belt" mentality. Because it's not.

Stats dont account for ring generalship. Edgar was dictating the pace of the fight with his movement and clearly making penn uncomfortable. Unless you thought penn completely dominated the entire fight which was clear he didnt....cant really complain about the decision.

Comment

IMO, Edgar edged Penn, he kept moving and mixing it up against BJ, Penn just depended on his jab and counters, he never really exploded in the fight. Edgar had the perfect gameplan, he kept confusing Penn by moving and with his feints, the same way he did it against Sherk.

Comment

I think Compustrike scored it for Edgar... I can't get into the website for some reason but that's what I read in another forum. Though I personally thought Penn edged Edgar out in the standup...

Comment

I had Edgar winning the last 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X