Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying lots of equipment, What Stores, What Gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying lots of equipment, What Stores, What Gear?

I want to know what boxing online store sites are out there that do not sell all forms of protection from just one brand but from many.

From what I know the two big ones ares Ringside.com and Titleboxing.com. If there are more it would be great to know .

I plan on buying some stuff this month to put into my garage and some newer equipment. What I am planning is:
    -A Heavy Bag
    -Double End Bag
    -Speed Bag
    -New Bag Gloves
    -New Boxing Shoes
    -Hooks, swivels, etc all the necessary stuff to hang em.

From what I hear its good start with a minimum of 100lbs for a heavy bag, correct? I am 5'7" and weigh 155lb. For bag gloves I think I am going to go with the Title Gel Bag Gloves, I've heard nothing but good things about em, easily the most talked about bag glove I've seen on forums. I would like suggestions for shoes, if possible.

Thanks guys.

Those are it. There are others but those two have it all. Stick with Ringside. You'll get better overall customer service and they carry a few more name brands that Title doesn't.

Comment

Thans for the response. And yeah I've ordered form ringside before, no problems/great buy. I want to buy some stuff from Title though because there are some items such as the Title Gel World Bag Gloves that I want to buy. Also, do you have any suggestions for a not-too-expensive boxing/wrestling shoe.

Comment

Bump, for some more input please .

Comment

you don't need boxing shoes if you aren't competing or training/sparring competitively. just wear basketball shoes or running shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
            you don't need boxing shoes if you aren't competing or training/sparring competitively. just wear basketball shoes or running shoes.
            I train competitively for mma so included in our workouts are boxing/kickboxing/grappling/etc. I was thinking about buying a wrestling shoe for use during some workouts and I've heard that boxing and wrestling shoes are similar so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions .

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomkidd View Post
              Thans for the response. And yeah I've ordered form ringside before, no problems/great buy. I want to buy some stuff from Title though because there are some items such as the Title Gel World Bag Gloves that I want to buy. Also, do you have any suggestions for a not-too-expensive boxing/wrestling shoe.
              I have the Title Gel bag gloves. They're pretty nice gloves. They have good protection and are decent quality, but the plastic buckle on the hook & loop closure broke after a few weeks. Just remember with boxing gear, just like anything else, you get what you pay for. For 25 bucks more I'd recommend a pair on Shevlin custom boxing gloves. They'll customize the gloves to fit your hand size and style preference. As for shoes I've been rocking the Nike Machomis alternating between two pairs for a few months and they've held up just fine, though the first pair Title sent me, the stitching broke immedietely. They're mass produced so this could happen with any brand. Overall I'm very happy with them for the price. Asics makes good boxing and wrestling shoes, but be prepared to pay double.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomkidd View Post
                I want to know what boxing online store sites are out there that do not sell all forms of protection from just one brand but from many.

From what I know the two big ones ares Ringside.com and Titleboxing.com. If there are more it would be great to know .

I plan on buying some stuff this month to put into my garage and some newer equipment. What I am planning is:
                -A Heavy Bag
                -Double End Bag
                -Speed Bag
                -New Bag Gloves
                -New Boxing Shoes
                -Hooks, swivels, etc all the necessary stuff to hang em.

From what I hear its good start with a minimum of 100lbs for a heavy bag, correct? I am 5'7" and weigh 155lb. For bag gloves I think I am going to go with the Title Gel Bag Gloves, I've heard nothing but good things about em, easily the most talked about bag glove I've seen on forums. I would like suggestions for shoes, if possible.

Thanks guys.
                www.winningusa.com

you never said anything about priiii-iice.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
                  I have the Title Gel bag gloves. They're pretty nice gloves. They have good protection and are decent quality, but the plastic buckle on the hook & loop closure broke after a few weeks. Just remember with boxing gear, just like anything else, you get what you pay for. For 25 bucks more I'd recommend a pair on Shevlin custom boxing gloves. They'll customize the gloves to fit your hand size and style preference. As for shoes I've been rocking the Nike Machomis alternating between two pairs for a few months and they've held up just fine, though the first pair Title sent me, the stitching broke immedietely. They're mass produced so this could happen with any brand. Overall I'm very happy with them for the price. Asics makes good boxing and wrestling shoes, but be prepared to pay double.
                  Thank you, very informative. I think I'll get the Title Gel's though, perhaps along the road I'll opt for something similar to Shevlin or upgrade to a better set of gloves. I've been looking at the Machomais and they seemed to be pretty well built and nice atheistically so I'll definitely consider them. How do they feel, like weight, soles, etc? Thank you for helping me out.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    www.winningusa.com

you never said anything about priiii-iice.
                    I did however say a site that has a variety of brands .

Comment

Working...
                    X